Weekly News for Room 205
Ms. Howey's Class
Week of: January 26-30, 2015
- Our annual Blood Drive is tomorrow, January 27th from 2:00-7:45. To schedule an appointment, please contact Jennifer Kitchen @ (313) 823-5811 or Amy VanOsdol @ (313) 822-3974, or fill out the form that was sent home. My goal is for our class to recruit more donors than any other class. I'm already signed up...how about you?:)
- Our 2nd Genius Hour finished up on Thursday, I couldn't be prouder of the focus and effort the kids put into their learning/projects! Our driving questions, or "wonderings" were wide ranging, from "Why do cheetahs run fast?" to "How are apps created?". We will be sharing our learning this week...stay tuned!
- As you know, we were very fortunate to have Chloe (a former Trombly Terrier) helping out in our classroom over the past three weeks. Unfortunately, it's time for Chloe to head back to DePauw University, so we shared our last day with her on Thursday. It was incredibly thoughtful of her to write each member of our class a note! We'll miss her positive, patient & fun help in the classroom! Keep in touch, Chloe!:)
- Looking ahead, we will have our class "Valentine's Day" party on Fri., Feb. 13th. If you'd like to help with or donate to the party, please contact Leslie Lundahl @ (313) 378-6732...thanks!
- Our PBIS celebration, "Recycled Craft Day" was a lot of fun. We crafted with our buddies and came up with really some great ideas! Check out some of the picture below.
- Bloggers: One post and 3 comments are due by Fri., Jan. 30th.
- 15&5ers: journals will be collected next week.
- We have new spelling words this week, our test is Fri., 1/30.
- Our Scholastic book orders are due on Wed., Jan. 28th. Please send in a check, or order online...thanks!