Happy Valentine's Day! February is here. The groundhog didn't see his shadow, so spring is coming!
Students will be exchanging valentine cards with each other. All cards need to be at school Friday morning. Each student should be able to sign their own cards and write classmates names or write pal.
We are in the second semester of kindergarten! That means we are half way to being FIRST GRADERS. We are learning difficult tasks to prepare for next year.
Here's how you can help:
1. Get enough SLEEP! Help your child wind down before bed with a bath and a story.
2. Eat a good BREAKFAST! Please no soda and sweets!
3. Help your child TALK about their day and how they felt. They have been learning how to solve social problems, so tattling and bickering should be slowing down.
10 Reasons Why You Should Read to Your Kids
As a parent, you have the power to boost your children's learning potential simply by making books an integral part of their lives.
1. A stronger relationship with you.
2. Academic excellence.
3. Basic speech skills.
4. The basics of how to read a book.
5. Better communication skills.
6. Mastery of languages.
7. More logical thinking skills.
8. Acclamation to new experiences.
9. Enhanced concentration and discipline.
10. The knowledge that reading is fun!