August 23rd, 2021
School Supplies for 21-22
- We are going to be outside as much as possible, so wear clothing and especially shoes that are appropriate for outdoors
- Masks are required at all times indoors, on transportation, and outside on school property. Students may take their masks off to eat. Here is the CDC guidance on good masks. Please wear one and have an extra on hand.
- District-issued Chromebooks and chargers (charged and ready to go daily)
- Some paper and writing utensils
- Refillable water bottles. No fountains for drinking, but we can refill water bottles there.
- Snacks (dry, quiet)
- All school meals are free for all students this year, but if your student wants their own lunch from home, they should bring that. We are a closed campus, so students can't leave campus to grab a bite.
- Any fidgets, drawing pads, squishies, etc., that help your student make it through the day.
- Having a backpack/bag that fits it all!
Transportation Provided for In-District SLHS Students
Back-to-School Zoom - 9/1 @ 6pm
New Student and Family Orientation - 9/1 @ 7pm
Information Night for Prospective Students
We have three block classes per semester, which gives you the opportunity to earn a full credit in a semester or a semester’s credit in a quarter. Please note our new bell schedule, starting at 8:00 am and with dismissal at 2:03.
Bell Schedule for 21-22
8:15-8:30 - Student Breakfast
8:30-9:55 - Period 2
10:01-11:26 - Period 3
11:26-11:56 - Lunch
12:02-12:32 - SSR
12:38-2:03 - Period 5
New Staff for 21-22
Christina Knappert: Christina will be picking up some Learning Support math classes and will be and IEP case manager.
Bryan Taylor: Bryan will be teaching Geometry and Algebra 2 this year.
Walt Mehring & RachelAnne Williams: Walt and RachelAnne are new paras in Learning Support as well.
Welcome to all our new SLHS Staff!
New VOICE staff include: Scott Appelman, Ben Jenne, and Matthew Villata. A big hello!