March 1, 2021
- Whole school literacy writing activity
- Tower Garden is built and ready to go
- Grade 5 building projects
- Kindergarten letter hunters were on the look out for letters around the school
This newsletter we have a few Numeracy Ninjas and Literacy Leaders to celebrate too!
- Zane A in Grade 1 for reading a book to Mrs. Gutmann
- Cynthia in Grade 4/5 for some amazing writing
- Hayden in Grade 2 for using math strategies
- Ella and Noella in Grade 1S for some wonderful subtraction work
Along with recognition in the newsletter, we also recognize students daily in our morning annoucements and they come to the office to pick a prize. It is a highlight for our students and therefore important students arrive to school on time. The beginning of our day starts with announcements, leader awards, and then literacy is happening in all the classrooms. Thank you for you support ensuring your child arrives to school on time each day!
that, good, out, ran, she, so
may, old, open, round, some
call, made, many, tell, these, wash
today, start, warm, try, together
Syllables are an Important Part of Reading!
To read and spell students need to know the syllable types. This makes decoding and encoding easier. There are only 5 vowels (6 if you count y), but they make several sounds! Knowing these types of syllables helps to narrow down what sound to make.
Staff Parking Lot and Crosswalk
As well we need to ensure we are not dropping off or picking up from the staff parking lot. Our staff arrive at staggering times so we need to ensure they are able to access the parking lot safely.
Thank you for your cooperation.