15th President of the United States of America
March 4, 1857 - March 4 ,1861
- John C. Fremont
- Millard Filmore
America At This Time
Leading up to the Civil War there was much controversy about new land and slavery. Ultimately leading to states succeeding at the end of his term.
- John Breckinridge-VP
- James K. Polk-Secretary of State
- "What is right and what is practicable are two different things."
- The test of leadership is not to put greatness into humanity, but to elicit it, for the greatness is already there."
- Panic of !857- America was in a depression due to inflation.
- Fort Sumter- Succeeding states took Fort Sumter leading to the Civil War-1860-1861