Interactive Periodic Table example by Mrs. Fairchild
Information about Nickel
- a TRANSITION ELEMENT.
- a METAL.
- a solid at room temperature.
- a member of period 4.
- number 28 on the periodic table.
- 58.69 amu.
- Ni on the periodic table.
- found by Axel Fredrik Cronstedt in 1751.
- mined from the Earth & is naturally occurring in nature.
- believed to be the second most abundant element in the Earth's core after iron.
- used in manufacturing.
- found in a number of household items.
- a silvery white metal
- a fair conductor of heat & electricity.
The Fantastic Element of Nickel