Welcome Back To Williams August 2022
August 8 - School Board Meeting at 6:30
August 9 - Meet the Teacher 4-6
August 11 - First Day of School
August 22 - Lunch Visitation Starts
September 1 - PTO Meeting at 6:00 in the Library
September 5 - Labor Day, No School
September 9 - Grandparents' Breakfast
September 12 - School Board Meeting at 6:30
September 15 - Fall/Yearbook Pictures
September 19 - Professional Development, No School
October 6 - PTO Meeting at 6:00 in the Library
October 7 - Early Release at 1:10
October 28 - Trunk or Treat in the WES Parking Lot at 6:00
We have also added a 4th specials class this year. In addition to PE, art, and music, our students will have the opportunity to have a STEM class once a week. This class will focus on hands-on, enrichment activities, primarily in the areas of math and science. The acronym STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. This will be a fun class that allows your child to put some of the things they learn in class to the test and and challenges their minds. Why just read about a plant's life cycle if you can grow your own plants?
Because of our continually increasing enrollment, we have added 2 portable buildings which will contain 4 classrooms of second grade math. These portables are brand new and quite large. They are located directly next to the building on our playground, which is fully fenced. Additionally, they have an 8 foot wrought iron fence around them, so that students coming from the portables cannot go anywhere except inside the main building. There are covered walkways leading to the portable doors so students won't get wet on raining days. We are doing everything we can to accommodate as many Mustangs at Williams as we can!
I would like to thank you for trusting us with your child(ren). Our goal is to love them, grow them, and educate them so that we send them to intermediate school prepared and confident. We know that 2022-23 will be a great year!
New Assistant Principal
My goal is to help continue the amazing things that are happening at WES and ensure that every child feels safe and successful. Please do not hesitate to reach out at any time this school year with questions, concerns, or celebrations that you would like to share. You can reach me at email@example.com or (281)356-6866. I look forward to working with you.
Safety Is a Priority
Two years ago we had keypads installed on the doors leading into the main building from the front office. During school hours visitors must be buzzed in for access to the main building. Adults entering the building must present a current photo ID which is run through the Raptor System. All staff members are trained annually by Homeland Security agents that work for ARC. We also conduct different types of drills with our students monthly. All Williams staff will wear photo ID badges so that it is easy to recognize who works in the building.
As Williams approaches capacity, we have made other adjustments to keep adult traffic in the building manageable. We understand that some of these safety procedures slow things down a little, but our number one priority is the safety of our students and staff. We appreciate your support!
Meet the Teacher - Tuesday, August 9 from 4-6pm
*If you cannot make it on Tuesday, please know that we will have adults all over the building on Thursday morning to help get your child to the correct class.
If you purchased the prepackaged school supplies that were sent to the school, they have been delivered to your child's homeroom teacher and will be there for your child on the first day. If you had the supplies sent to your home or if you purchased them on your own, you may bring them on Meet the Teacher night. You may also bag them, label them with your child's name, and then drop them by the school on Wednesday from 8-4. This is not a requirement, but it can make it easier for the younger students that are riding the bus on the first day.
First Day of School
If you plan to walk your child to class on the first day of school, please review the following information:
- Due to increased safety protocol, all parents that enter the building on the first day of school will be required to wear a visitor badge. In order to get a badge, every adult must present a photo ID, which will be run through the Raptor system. Because of the time it takes to run each ID through Raptor, we are offering options to parents and guardians to speed up this process. We will have someone printing badges on Meet the Teacher night. The badge can be taken home and worn on the first day of school. We are also offering the chance to pre-register so that your badge will be pre-printed and ready for you when you arrive on the morning of August 11. Because of our current number of PreK and kinder students, we strongly recommend that parents/guardians pre-register to avoid waiting in long lines. Click Here To Have Your Visitor Badge Pre-printed
- All PreK teachers will be in the library to receive students on the first day of school. Parents will enter through the back door of the library. This entrance is on the Buddy Riley side of the school. We will have signs on display that morning showing where PreK parents should enter.
- We understand that many parents want to walk their child(ren) to class on the first day. We would like to ask the parents of returning students in grades 1-4 to hug goodbye at the entrance to the school. This would allow the parents of new students in grades 1-4 the chance to walk to class and hopefully shorten their check-in process. Although we will not prevent any parent with a visitor badge from walking their student to class, we thought this would be an easy way to lesson the crowds and still make sure that the parents of our youngest had the chance to walk their child in, in addition to the parents of students new to Williams.
- An announcement will be made about 8:45 for remaining parents to say goodbye to their child(ren) so that we can start the 2022-23 school year.
Important News About School Meals
Breakfast - $1.25
Lunch - $2.45
Chick-fil-A Sliders - $3.75
Visitor Lunch - $4.25
Please ask for a paper application in the front office or click on the following links:
Instead of buying sweets for the class, consider some of the ideas below.
- Donate a fun book to the class library. At younger grade levels the teacher can read it aloud to the class.
- Donate a game to the classroom for students to play during indoor recess.
- Donate items to use at recess such as hula hoops or bubbles.
If you prefer to send goodies for each student, consider some of the items below for different ages.
- Cute socks
- Glow bracelets
- Mini stampers
- Super hero slap bracelets
- Cute Post-It Notes
- Cute or scented pencils
- Alphabet stencil rulers
- Cute book marks
- Silly fingers
This is my eighth year serving Williams Elementary students and loving every day of it. My goal is not to only make Williams Elementary students better students, but better people by serving the whole child in a positive learning environment.
I am looking forward to working with you. If at any time you need my assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me at (281) 356-6866 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. I am here to serve ALL students.
Counsel. Educate. Advocate. Empower.
All transportation changes must be made by 2:45 pm every day so that we can ensure that your child's teacher receives the notification on time and that we can follow through with your request. No changes will be accepted after this time. All changes must be made by sending a note or calling the front office at (281) 356-6866. Changes can not be made through your child's teacher. Our teachers are teaching and supervising children until 4:00. They may not have time to check their messages before the end of the day, For this reason, all changes must go through the office.
Early Student Pick Up
Early student check outs must be done by 3:00 pm.
Drop off times
Doors on the Buddy Riley side of the building are open for regular drop off from 7:45 am until 8:25 am. Students dropped off after 8:25 am will need to enter through the front doors by the flag pole.
Dream It, Believe It, Achieve It
Empowering learners and leaders who will create a
better present and future.
Williams Elementary is committed to providing a safe and positive learning environment where everyone feels valued and empowered. We are a community of learners who continuously develop relationships, seek relevance, and embrace rigorous challenges.