Team Meadow Update
Staff Update - August 25, 2019
I hope everyone was able to enjoy a longer weekend with your friends and family.
One recent afternoon, I walked out the front door to find this message on my doorstep. I'm not sure if it was to serve as a reminder, or simply a note of encouragement from one of our students to let me know that they are listening to our message. (I took it as the latter, although I frequently benefit from the reminder.) Day in, day out, this work is hard, but we must remember that our students are watching and listening to our model. Hold true to our mission and vision. We are making a difference in big and small ways, and we make a bigger splash when we consistently live out our example together.
As we dive into the the month of September, we realize everything is now in full swing of the school year! A few items about the upcoming week.
- ZTEP BOY (Beginning of Year) conferences launch this week, and we are looking forward to a year of learning and professional growth with each of you.
- Many Eagle Rec classes begin this week. Please be sure to check those dismissal locations. (Also note: Boone Meadow Voices begins NEXT Tuesday 9/10)
- Jog-A-Thon launch by the PTO will occur this Thursday during lunchtime.
Let's have a great week!
Documentation Panels & Making Learning Visible
Our next "Pop-in" gathering will be September 16th from 2:35-3:30 in the Family Room. Kara and Kim will lead us through exploration of "Documentation Panels" and making learning visible. This PD is appropriate for all building teachers, and we hope you can make it to this opportunity of learn together.
Mark your calendars for our upcoming Pop-ins:
Septemeber 16 - "Documentation Panels & Making Learning Visible"
Remember, pop-in for one, pop-in for all, pop-in for as much as you can on any given topic.
Team Meadow Family Photo
We’re a family! And families need family photos to capture moments of time together. I hope you are all able to join us on the front lawn at 2:45ish this coming Friday (9/6) after school.
I’ve been told we need somewhat coordinated attire (not “matchy matchy”). Seriously, that’s what she said…
- Since it is Friday, it’s fine to wear jeans (or not – your choice of course)
- · Wear something that has the colors of our logo (although I’ve also been told that we shouldn’t wear our BME logo gear…)
See you there…
Important Dates & Information
September 2 - Labor Day (no school)
September 3 - ZTEP Beginning of Year conferences begin
September 5 - Jog-A-Thon Launch (PTO during lunch)
September 6 - Staff "Family Photo" after school on front lawn
September 9 - Staff Meeting
September 11 - Cornelius Minor at Zionsville Performing Arts Center (PAC) @ 7:00
September 19- Amber Hardwick (Fox 59 meteorology presentation for 3rd grade) @ 9:00 in Cafe
September 23 - Staff Meeting
September 25 - Jog-a-Thon (PTO fundraiser)
October 14-18 - Fall Break
November 11 - Veterans Day Program
November 13 & 14 - Student Conferences
- November 13th - 3:00-5:40
- November 14th - 11:00 AM-7:00 PM (also an E-Day)
- Teachers will be allowed to leave at 2:45 on a few days surrounding conferences (more info/details at a later date)
November 27-29 - Thanksgiving Break
December 23-January 3 - Winter Break
January 20 - MLK Jr. Day (no school)
February 5 - Global School Play Day
February 17 - Presidents Day (no school)
February 18 - Staff Professional Development Day (no school for students)
March 25 - Kindergarten Round-Up
March 27-April 3 - Spring Break
May 22 - Last Day of School
Personal Business Day(s) Requests
For Certified Team Members:To requests "personal business days," please complete the following process.
- Go to the following link, and complete the "personal business request" form. https://goo.gl/forms/CycfilABEUyILbh83
- Once the form is completed, please send a brief email to me (Tom) that includes the date(s) of your request(s).
- Enter your upcoming absence in AESOP as soon as possible. (It can always be deleted later should plans change.)