A Weekly eNewsletter from Hastings Public Schools
Message from the Superintendent
Good afternoon Raider Families,
It's hard to believe this is the last week of the school year. Our last day of school will be a full day. This is different than past years. I want to thank all of you for your support of your students and our staff throughout the year. It's exciting to see all of the typical end-of-year activities taking place, concluding this Friday with graduation on Todd Field at 7 PM. We plan to decide by noon on Friday if we need to move to the HS Gym due to the weather.
Please be sure to schedule needed immunizations and sports physicals. Students entering preschool, kindergarten, seventh grade, and twelfth grade have requirements. And sports physicals are required every three years. The MN Department of Health Immunization forms, as well as exemption information, can be found here. Also, for planning, next year's school calendar can be found here.
Lastly, this is the final weekly update for the year. While we will have some messaging that comes out during the summer, weekly updates will begin again in August. I hope you have a great last week of school and a safe summer!
Bob McDowell, Ed.D.
Classroom Connection - Pollinator Gardens at HMS & HHS
2022-2023 Food Service
Information released from USDA has Hastings Public Schools returning to operating the School Breakfast Program and the National School Lunch Program for the 2022-23 school year. What this means for families;
Meals will no longer be free unless an application is submitted and approved after July 1, 2022.
Families will need to fill out a Household Application for Education benefits to qualify for free or reduced-price meals or pay full price for student meals in SY 2022-23.
Applications will be mailed out or available online in July.
Applications cannot be posted or distributed prior to July 1.
Return the application as soon as possible. This will make it so you aren’t charged for meals during the school year.
Summer Food Service Program
As the school year ends and summer begins, families might wonder about students' meals. Hastings Public schools will continue to offer free breakfast and lunch to students during the summer months. However, the way the program is offered will look different from the previous years, with the waivers from the USDA expiring on our last day of school. So what does this mean for you and your student?
- Children 18 and under can eat breakfast and lunch at our Middle School location starting June 13th, 2022- August 26th, 2022 (meals will not be available on July 4th & 5th).
- Breakfast is offered 7:30 am - 8:30 am.
- Lunch is offered 10:45 am -12:00 pm.
- Meals must be eaten on-site.
- Parents/guardians may purchase a meal. Breakfast is $2.65, and lunch is $4.10.
- Second meals will be charged at adult pricing.
- All meals will follow the USDA meal pattern requirements.
Camp Horizons/Big Shots Registration
Hastings Public Schools
- Tilden Community Center 651-480-7670
- Kennedy Elementary (K-4) 651-480-7221
- McAuliffe Elementary (K-4) 651-480-7390
- Pinecrest Elementary (K-4) 651-480-7280
- Hastings Middle School (5-8) 651-480-7060
- Hastings High School (9-12) 651-480-7470
- Hastings Alternative Learning Center 651-480-7690
*If you need any assistance in translating the Raider Update, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.