A Voyage of Epic Proportions
Hoʻokahi ka ʻilau like ana.
A Race Across The Pacific
How Does This Work?
2. Color your sails: Each advisory will get to pick the color of the sail of their waʻa. This color will represent your advisory for the entire school year. Advisories will gather to reveal their colors at the end of the month of August.
3. Maintain your speed: Contribute to the speed of your waʻa by making good choices. Each individual will build up their speed in the following ways:
- Parent Signatures: Daily Parent Signatures will earn two points in the first trimester and Weekly Parent Signatures will earn one point in the second trimester per student.
- No "Oops Missing": Receiving no "Oops Missing" stamps in an upload period will earn two points per student.
- Pauahi Dollars: Earning Pauahi dollars will earn one point per dollar earned.
- Forms and Paperwork: Forms and paperwork turned in on time with parent signatures will earn one point per signature per student.
4. Avoid delays: Try to stay away from the following pitfalls that can slow your progress:
- "Oops Missing": Receiving an "Oops Missing" stamp will subtract a point from your individual total per "Oops Missing" received.
- Unsigned "Oops Missing": Each unsigned "Oops Missing" will subtract an additional point from your individual total per unsigned stamp.
- Torn Pages: Any pages that are terribly damaged or removed from the planner in an upload period will result in the loss of an individual point per page damaged.
- Forgotten Planner: A point will be subtracted for each day that a planner is forgotten at home.
- Detention: Students will lose one point per hour of detention assigned.
- ISS/OSS: Students will lose five points per day of suspension assigned wether in school or out of school.