1/2/2022 Naquag News!
Greetings Naquag Families,
We begin a new year - 2022! The calendar year, 2021, certainly had its fair share of challenges. As we begin 2022, let's reflect on and appreciate how we, as a community, overcame and persevered for the best interest of the children. Thank you to our amazing teachers and staff, plus for our wonderful Naquag families’ commitment to keeping our school community healthy. We are dedicated to continue to navigate this pandemic and the many challenges it poses for all of us.
Happy New Year 2022! Naquag teachers and staff are excited to see our children again and begin instruction! We wish you all a safe, happy and healthy New Year 2022!
"Little January tapped at my door today.
And said, 'Put on your winter wraps and come out to play.'
Little January is always full of fun, until the set of sun.
Little January will stay a month with me and we will have such jolly times.
Just come along and see." Winifred C. Marshall, January
Additional Information Will be Shared if Plans Change:
NOTE: Monday, January 3 - TWO (2) HOUR DELAY
(To allow for optional staff Covid testing)
School begins @ 11:00; please arrive 10:35 - 10:55.
Children enter classrooms at 10:45 (parent transportation children may arrive at 10:35 and wait in the gym until 10:45).
No Bagged Breakfasts (We'll start lunch after arrival!)
No Recess. (Shortened day!)
Kind Reminders and Updates:
- District COVID-19 Self-Screening Protocol: Thank you for your collaboration and following the District’s COVID-19 Self-Screening Protocols. Let’s keep up this good practice!
Please follow the daily “self-screening” before sending your child to school. We want everyone to stay healthy! District COVID-19 Self-Screening Protocol
If someone in your family or close acquaintances has tested positive or feeling unwell, please be responsible and considerate of others. Questions can be directed to Nurse Liz (Liz _ Cantatore @ wrsd.net). Thank you for your continued cooperation.
- Masks: Parents / Guardians should provide 2 clean masks a day for their child. Please avoid gaiters (neck masks)and no masks with values.
Remember These Upcoming January 2022 Dates!
- Monday, 1/3/22 - Two (2) Hour Delay (School begins @ 11:00; please arrive 10:35 - 10:55.)
- Wednesday, 1/12 - PTO Meeting @ 6:00, Naquag Library
- Monday, 1/17 - NO SCHOOL, Holiday - Martin Luther King, Jr Day
- Sunday, 1/23 - End of Quarter 2
- Wednesday, 1/26 - On-Line Report Cards available after 4:30
(Parent access online through Power School Parent Access.)
- Friday, 1/28/22 - Naquag Spirit Day!! PAJAMA DAY!!
(Must wear weather appropriate pajamas and regular shoes. NO SLIPPERS)
SNOW DATE: Friday, February 4