December 3 1984
MIC or HCN?
What went wrong
tank of MIC. Almost all of the safety devices, such as vent -gas scrubbers and gas flares, were turned off or not working. The people of Bhopal's only warning was when
their started to burn. Almost everything that could go wrong did.
Injures from MIC exposure
Did you know?
"In December, a gas leak at a plant in Bhopal, India, caused by an act of sabotage, results in tragic loss of life," is what www.unioncarbide.com/history says about what happened in Bhopal.
Union Carbine History. Dow Chemical Company. 2012 <http://www.unioncarbide.com/history>
Edward Broughton. Environ Health. May 10, 2005 <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1142333/>