3rd Grade News
Finishing Up the Year! (Important Dates)
- Tuesday, May 21 - 3rd Grade Awards @ 9:00am
- Wednesday, May 22 - Yearbook Signing
- Thursday, May 23 - Multiplication Movie Reward
- Friday, May 24 - Last FULL Day / Career Day / Spark Walk
- Monday, May 27 - NO SCHOOL (Memorial Day)
- Tuesday, May 28 - NO SCHOOL (Teacher Work Day)
- Wednesday, May 29 - End of 4th 9 Weeks / 4th 9 Weeks Report Cards / Last Day of School (2-hr Day)
Stay Safe this Summer!!
Read the following tips to your child to help them stay safe this summer!
- Take a friend with you wherever you go.
- Know your full name, address, telephone number, and your parents' names.
- If you ever get lost in a public place, talk to someone in charge right away.
- Before taking anything from anyone, even from someone you know, check with your parents first.
- Check first with your parents before you get in a car with someone.
- Say no if someone tries to treat you in a way that makes you confused or scared, and let your parents know right away.
- Talk with your parents about which online activities are safe and which are not.
- Use a "buddy" system when going swimming and always make sure an adult is watching.
- Always cross the street at a corner or crosswalk. Look both ways before crossing.
- Whenever you ride in a car, ride in the back seat and buckle up.
Have a safe and fun summer!
Keep Up Your Skills
- Summer is a great time to go to Linebaugh Library and read! There are many family friendly events you may attend. Click the link to find a calendar of events: https://rclstn.org/calendar
- You may also click the following link to find out more about the Linebaugh Summer Reading Program: https://rclstn.org/events/summer-reading-program-2019
- Listen to a stories/books being read aloud on https://www.storylineonline.net/
- Practice writing - write in a daily journal or diary using the writing non-negotiables.
- Continue to get on iReady Math! Students may access iReady throughout the summer (up until mid July). Go through the Blackman website, student resources, and clever.
- You may also download the app Door24 on ipads or iphones. This app allows students to work on math fluency - knowing addition, subtraction, multiplication & division facts. (This app is only available on apple products for now.)
- Mobymax Fact Fluency can help your child with studying their multiplication facts to keep up with them for 4th grade.
Science / Social Studies
- Brainpop / Brainpopjr.: Watch educational videos/take quizzes by going through the Blackman website, student resources, and clever.
- Studyjams is a great site that has videos and quizzes about several different science topics. http://studyjams.scholastic.com/studyjams/index.htm
- Read "Who Was/Is" or "What Was/Is" books about important people and events in history. There is also a Netflix series titled "The Who Was Show" that goes along with the books.
- Learn about US History by visiting museums or famous monuments if possible.
Family Fun in Murfreesboro, Smyrna & Nashville
- Murfreesboro Parks & Rec. has many events and summer camps for the whole family to attend. Click the link to see what's going on around you!
- Smyrna is right around the corner. Check out their parks and rec site for information on fun events to attend as well!
- Enjoy many fun activities such as Movies Under the Stars, all throughout Nashville and Middle Tennessee using the following link: https://nashvillefunforfamilies.com/
- Students should be reading for 30 minutes a day.
- Students should be practicing multiplication facts daily.
- iReady Math & Mobymax can be used at home (even in the summer).
- You (students and parents) can click on the link below (Blackman Sparks Learning Channel) to learn new skills or review old ones as practice for the upcoming school year!