Promise grows in the Umpqua Valley
Celebrating students, faculty and programs in our schools
A local edition of Promise of Oregon campaign
New to this newsletter?
What is this Promise-thing?
The OSBA-created Promise of Oregon campaign began in the 2014-15 school year. From the campaign website: “The Promise of Oregon is a public education support campaign based on two defining principles: Today’s students are Oregon’s greatest natural resource. Accordingly, we as Oregonians must invest in our public schools so the next generation can reach its potential. Join us – our state’s future depends on it!" Ready to show off Douglas County's "Promise"? Read on to learn how!
Our Umpqua Valley Promise mission here locally:
All 13 districts in our Douglas ESD region are welcome to join this local effort of the Promise campaign and participate by nominating students, adults and programs from their district. Celebrating local students, staff and schools through communications, such as this local Promise project, is one way in which the Douglas ESD serves our schools. To get your district involved, encourage your principal or superintendent to contact Douglas ESD Communications. Let's share our Promise and our support together!
Here's a recap from the June 2 edition:
- OSBA Promise of Oregon video
- Summaries of the OSBA-created Promise of Oregon campaign
- Introduction of our local edition of Promise grows in the Umpqua Valley
- Ways to get involved (nominate a student, post #PromiseOR statement on your social channel, adults can join the "Keeping the Promise of Oregon")
- Local Promise resolution supporter
- Opinion column on state K-12 funding by Douglas ESD Superintendent Michael Lasher
Congratulations to all our local 2015 graduates!
We can't wait to see what your Promise brings to Oregon!