Cool Cat News
March 30-April 3
The Fundamental Five
Continue to post seed questions in your lesson plans. Talk about the learning!
Birthday Treats at WISD Campuses Procedural Guidelines
· Food or non-food items (stickers, pencils etc.) for birthday celebration will only be shared with the student’s classmates.
· All birthday celebration edible treats will be individually packaged. Food items will include a complete ingredients list attached to each package. No homemade items will be allowed.
o Any food items without a complete ingredients list and those not individually wrapped/packaged will not be distributed.
o Food items that contain an allergen for any student in the class will not be shared with the class.
· Non-food items containing latex (balloons, toys made with natural rubber, etc.) will not be allowed.
· Items will be checked by the school nurse/teacher, held in the office until the end of the school day, and only distributed to classmates at dismissal.
· Bring birthday celebration items to the school office.
· Individually package all items.
· Include a complete ingredients list on each individually packaged food item.
· Check with campus principal regarding non-food items for birthday celebrations.
Nurse and Classroom Teacher Responsibilities
· Will assure all edible birthday celebration items are individually packaged.
· Will assure each food item has been labeled with a complete ingredients list.
· Will check classroom allergy list to avoid allergen exposure.
· Will assure non-food items do not contain latex (natural rubber) when there is a known latex allergy.
Absences and Tardies Unexcused Absences: 3 unexcused absences Skyward to generate a letter: 8 unexcused absences Skyward to generate a letter
Letters to go out for each additional unexcused absence. 90% Rule: Students will need to be in school 90% of the year or may face retention.
3/30- 4th grade Writing STAAR,
3/31- 4th grade Writing STAAR
4/1- No faculty meetings
4/2 No PLC's- update RTI documentation
4/3- Good Friday- Enjoy your Day!