Enon Elementary PTO Newsletter
A Letter from the Principal
Our Gators Gobble Books program has been a great success. Our students have successfully read over one million minutes! They are paying attention to interesting vocabulary words and sharing those words with their class and the school. Our new goal is a million and a half minutes by the end of the school year.
To celebrate the million minute accomplishment, all students were given Million Minute book marks. In addition, Ms. Riddick and I had our hair colored on stage in front of the entire school. Students love when you do something crazy like that and I do believe they had fun. My hair, well what hair I have left, was colored gold while Ms. Riddick’s hair was colored blue. I have to say I got more compliments on my hair that day than the past 20 years combined!
Parents often ask how they can help their child perform better at school. The number one thing you can do is keep them reading. Create a culture of literacy at home. Let your children see you read. Discuss what you like to read. Ask them about what they are reading. Read to them or have them read to you. It all helps your child grow as a reader. Let’s work together to keep them gobbling those books!
Get to know our New Principal
It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the newly appointed Principal of Enon Elementary School! I am honored to have the opportunity to lead and serve in a school with such a rich history of academic excellence and strong community ties. As a southern girl, I appreciate tradition and promote honoring the past while celebrating the future.
I have been dedicated to the field of education for nearly fourteen years encompassing a variety of experiences to include elementary and middle school instruction, gifted education, instructional coach, and most recently three years as the Assistant Principal of Highlands Elementary School in Dothan, Alabama. I am thrilled to bring my passion and skills as an educational leader to Enon Elementary and to form relationships with each of you as we partner to ensure your child’s success.
Working alongside teachers and staff, I will work hard to continue the rich legacy of success established at Enon by building strong relationships with the faculty and staff, students, parents, and community partners. Newness brings much excitement but oftentimes fear and anxiety as well. Please know that from the moment I began researching Enon to when I finally walked through the school doors; I fell in love. I strive daily to make a difference in the lives of those around me. The building and those who walk its halls have a beautiful story to tell. I can’t wait to be part of the school’s new chapter and make a difference in the lives of the students and faculty.
My family includes my husband, Matthew Hinson, and my sons, Cody who is 15 and Caleb who is 10. We are anxiously waiting for the Alabama school year to end, so we can officially become Virginians. We will move at the beginning of June with my official start date being July 1st, but you will most likely see me some the last week of school☺ As your new Principal, it is important to me that each person who enters Enon’s doors feels as welcomed and excited to be there as I do.
I look forward to great days ahead!
Enon’s Newest Fan,
Mrs. Jennifer Hinson
*If you would like more information, please see my Personal Website at http://jenniferhinson.weebly.com/
ENON PTO is Thankful for Administrators, Teachers and Staff!
A good education can change anyone, a good teacher can change everything!
Enon is so lucky to have such wonderful administrators, teachers and staff. We appreciate and value all that they do to go above and beyond each and every day for our children.
Upcoming Spirit Nights
Please join us on Thursday, April 14th at Cesare's for Enon Night from 5:00-9:00. Be sure to let your server know that you are there to support Enon and a portion of your purchase will be donated back to the school. This will be a fun night for Enon with delicious food!
Save the date! May 17th will be Enon's Chipotle night from 4:00-8:00, this is a great fundraiser because Chipotle donates back 50% of your purchase. Please come out to support Enon!
Enon Gators Fun Run Celebrating Mrs. Molter
10:00am- Check In
11:00am- Grade level runs
12:00pm- Family Relays
12:45- Awards and event wrap up
**Throughout the even there will be food trucks and vendors.
Don't feel like running?? That's okay, please come and volunteer with us for this special event. Forms were sent home but please let your child's teacher know if you need another one.
Did your order a YEARBOOK?
Enon's Got Talent & The Winter Dance
Come join the fun at our next PTO meeting!
PTO meetings, events, and ideas - all are welcome and encouraged to attend! We meet every second Monday in the library at 6:30. New faces and new ideas are always helpful!
The next meeting is on May 9th.
Dates to Remember:
- Thursday, April 14th is Cesare's night from 5-9pm.
- Saturday, May 7th beginning at 10am is the Family Fun Run honoring Mrs. Molter.
- Tuesday, May 17th is Chipotle night from 4-8pm.
Check out all the ways you can help our school!
- Don't forget to send in those BoxTops.
- Did you download the Shoparoo app? It is an easy way to points and money for our school!
- Clean out your closets this fall to make room for all the holiday gifts and place outgrown clothing, shoes or other textiles in a plastic bag. Place that bag in the Clothing to Cash recycling bin located in the school parking lot. The articles will be reused, repurposed or recycled and the school will be paid 10 cents for every pound collected. December's collection was down, but in November Enon was awarded an extra $100.00 for collecting the most clothing/textiles in Chesterfield County! That totals more than $200 for November in awards. Way to go Enon parents and families! We just can't hide that Enon Pride! Let's get the collection back up for January.
- Don't forget about AmazonSmile. By using AmazonSmile.com instead of Amazon.com, you are easily supporting our school. Each purchase costs the same as the traditional site, however 0.5% of your purchase price will be donated to Enon Elementary. After logging in, search for Enon Elementary PTO for your donations to go to the school's PTO. Use the link here https://smile.amazon.com/ch/26-2599472 or see the picture below.