Volume 8: January 6, 2016
- You can NOW complete your FAFSA for the Fall 2016 academic year at www.fafsa.gov. The Missouri deadline to complete it is April 1.
- January 14 at 10am: The rep from Indian Hills Community College will be here.
- On Thursday, March 10 from 6-8pm Mrs. Ussery & Dr. Henke will be hosting another Financial Aid & Graduation Prep Night. A representative from NCMC’s Financial Aid Office will do a short presentation on how to complete the FAFSA. We will be available to answer questions about the FAFSA and scholarships as well as general questions about graduation requirements and applying to colleges/tech schools/jobs. Computers will be available to complete FAFSA on site. Please share this date with your parents!
DID YOU KNOW?
- The H.S. Counselor tab on the Princeton School website (http://www.tigertown.k12.mo.us/) is a great resource for important dates, forms, testing information, mental health resources, etc.
- You must complete the following activities in order to graduate. All activities must be documented and submitted to Dr. Henke. If you have questions about what you have done so far, see Dr. Henke:
- Complete 10 hours of community service. If you are counting your A+ tutoring hours, you must document at least 60 hours.
- Engage in job shadowing.
- Attend 2 government, board meetings, or court proceedings.
- Attend 2 senior meetings with Dr. Henke (one each semester).
- The most up-to-date scholarship list can be found here. See Dr. Henke with questions or for copies of the scholarship applications/information: https://sites.google.com/a/tigertown.k12.mo.us/princeton-high-school-counselor/scholarship-information
January 8: Lois Britt Memorial Pork Industry Scholarship Applicants must be planning to pursue a 2-year swine program or 4-year degree in agriculture. Award is $2,500.
- January 15: United States JCI Senate Foundation Scholarship It is a one-time $1000 award and applicants who are attending college (2 or 4 year) or tech school are eligible. Check out the website for more details and the application: http://www.usjcisenate.org/index.php/scholarship-program
January 31: The Missouri Sheriffs Association’s John Dennis Scholarship Applicants must be planning to attend a Missouri college majoring in criminal justice, have a 2.0 GPA, demonstrate financial need, and be active in activities. Award is $1,000.
- February 1: Westlake Scholarship It is a renewable award that will cover tuition, fees, and books. Applicants must be planning to attend a 4-year college, have at least a 2.5 GPA, and a family income of less than $50,000. Check out the website for more details and the application: https://www.scholarshipamerica.org/westlake/
- February 1: Missouri State Fair Youth in Agriculture Scholarship Applicants could be awarded $1,500-5,000 and must be an FFA or 4H member, participated in State Fair showing, going to Missouri college and majoring in agriculture.
- February 12: Foundation of Rural Service (GRM) Scholarship Applicants must be a US citizen, attending college or tech school, have a C average, and complete short essays. One application qualifies you for 5 different scholarships worth $1,500-5,000.
SIX SHOULDS: The 6 things you should know about SAVANNAH MILLBURN and probably don't..
- I used to live in Chicago and New York.
- I was at the Cub's game with they won the division pennant.
- My favorite book is To Kill a Mockingbird.
- My favorite movie is Forrest Gump.
- I've only been pulled over driving in Oklahoma.
- I was born on St. Patrick's Day.