Math with Ms. Voltz
May 27 - 30, 2014
What's a Fifth Grader to Know about Personal Financial Literacy
The student applies mathematical process standards to manage one’s financial resources effectively for lifetime financial security. The student is expected to:
- define income tax, payroll tax, sales tax, and property tax;
- explain the difference between gross income and net income;
- identify the advantages and disadvantages of different methods of payment, including check, credit card, debit card, and electronic payments;
- develop a system for keeping and using financial records;
- describe actions that might be taken to balance a budget when expenses exceed income; and
- balance a simple budget.
Bureau of Labor Statistics
Hands on Banking for Kids
Hands on Banking for Teens
Numbers and Operations Practice Activities
Decimals, Fractions and Percents
Learn Polygons, Polyhedron with this awesome Interactive!
- Mean, Median, and Mode
- Stem and Leaf Plots
- Spin the Big Wheel
- Probability Simulations
- Mascot Elections
Work through these gizmos! Study the vocabulary, explore the gizmo and complete the 5 question assessments!
Learn More about Probability!
Check out eGames… Math Lingo… Have a blast learning and reviewing!