Ms. Crace's Grades & Course Updates
For AP Lang, American Lit, 8th ELA, 9th Lit/Comp
Important Course Notes
- Grades are updated! Zeroes for assignments not submitted for the Nov. 8 deadline have been entered. Check your grades and let me know if any corrections need to be made; this is especially important leading into the end of the semester!
- Our final deadline for work is Friday, November 22.
- We are not officially in school during the week of Thanksgiving, but if you need some time away from family, feel free to submit late work from the last grading period or work on any of the additional learning opportunities. I will check email on Monday and Tuesday and may grade some, but officially I will also be on vacation, Make sure you relax some and spend time with family and friends!
- All course work--including ELOs, Shmoop, and USATestPrep--must be submitted by midnight on Tuesday, December 3.
Final Exams: AP Lang, ELA8, 9th Lit/Comp
The final exam is multiple choice and is worth 15-20% of your grade for the semester; check your course syllabus to see the exact percentage for your course. You will find the exam in the Quizzes section of our course during the testing window. You must take the final exam in one sitting; you may not start it and come back to it later, so please make the appropriate arrangements with your school's computer lab facilitator if you work on the course during school hours.
The exam will automatically deny access to everyone at 11:59 on Dec. 5. If you are in the middle of the test, you will lose any work you have completed and will earn no credit for the final exam. Rather than waiting for Thursday night to take the exam, leave yourself plenty of time!
EOCT: American Lit/Comp AB
Final Exam Review Sessions
- 11:30 am - Tuesday, Nov. 19 - ELA 8
- 9 pm - Wednesday, Nov. 20 - American Lit/Comp
- 11:30 am - Tuesday, Dec. 3 - 9th Lit/Comp
The sessions will not only prepare you for the final exam but also offer a chance at extra learning points!
Looking for extra learning points as the semester draws near. Check out the following opportunities:
Remediation Opportunity #2!
Shmoop is a tutorial and study aid website to which every GaVS student gains access through our school subscription. For now, please create an account if you do not already have one. Then make sure to use the GaVS magic word and the appropriate classroom code to join my classroom.
1. Go here: http://www.shmoop.com/signup/georgia-virtual
2. Create a free Shmoop account or login if you already have one.
3. Enter this Magic Word on the sign up page: LANIER
4. Join our class using the appropriate code below:
- 9th Lit/Comp: 75439
- American Lit: a9422
- AP Lang: c74ce
- ELA 8: 5843c
5. Take the diagnostic, read the material, work through exercises, etc. The more you do, the more Shmoints you earn! These will later translate (though not directly) into ELO points!
9th Lit/Comp & American Lit/Comp only: USATestPrep
Account Creation Information :
- You will be prompted to take EOCT Practice tests throughout this course. To take an EOCT practice test, you will need to first go to the link for USA Test Prep . You will create a new account with the account ID "gavirtual" and the activation code "newton88".
- You will then create a username and password to use in the future. Make sure you use a username and password you will remember. Also, make sure you use your Georgia Virtual email as the email address for this process.
Practice Test :
For this EOCT review, you will be taking a practice test. This test will be 25% of the full test length.
- After logging into the website (link to http://www.usatestprep.com ) , click on the tab that says "EOCT Tests". Then select "9 th Grade Literature and Composition" from the drop down menu.
- You will then select "Small Test - 25% of the actual test length."
- You will need to choose a teacher, but it does not matter which teacher or class you choose.
- Click on "load test" and complete the test.
- After you have completed the test, submit it to be graded. To submit your scores, do one of the following:
- Click on the "Print Summary" link and copy and paste the results into a word processing document.
- Click on the "Print Summary" link and click "Print." In the lower left corner, there may be an option to save as a PDF document. Do this and submit this document.
- Take a screenshot of the results and submit that image.