Blue Knights Newsletter
Saratoga Youth Hockey - Jan & Feb 2022
A monthly newsletter brought to you by: Saratoga Youth Hockey Board Members
- NY Rangers Learn to Play Program - New Session kicked off January 8th!
- PICTURES FROM THE ROAD - 10UB
- Tournament Champions! 14UA, 12UB & 10UA - bringing home the banners!
- Professional SPARX Skate Sharpener - ON SITE!!!
- ADK THUNDER / SYHI NIGHT!
- COME SUPPORT SARATOGA HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY 2/9/22 HOME GAME!
- Flat Bread Social - Fundraiser THANK YOU!
- SYHI UPCOMING TOURNAMENTS!
- Saratoga-Wilton Youth Baseball SIGN up!
- Rec Department Rec Card Registration Info
- Crossbar - add a family member to receive emails and access to to Crossbar.
- Dasher boards! Advertise your business at SYHI!
- WEBSITE info
- Social Media
- Saratoga Recreation Ice calendar - open stick, family stick
- Why does your child love Saratoga Youth Hockey? Send in info!
- Newsletter suggestions? Send in your ideas!
LTS kicks off Saturday, January 8th! 10 week program! All equipment included HEAD to TOES for one price!
10UB on the road....
14UA FIRST PLACE @ BETWEEN THE PIPES 2022!
12UB FIRST PLACE @ EMPIRE STATE CUP 2022!
10UA FIRST PLACE @ FIRE AND ICE 2022!
Great news, this week we'll be unboxing our newly purchased Professional SPARX Skate Sharpener
The sharpener will be available starting this weekend's Mite Tournament and then we'll be ironing out the details of how we can provide access to our teams.
The cost per sharpening will be a donation to Saratoga Youth Hockey to help fund the upfront and ongoing cost of the sharpener.
$5 per sharpen for Saratoga Members
$8 per sharpening for outside members - Teams coming in for tournaments, etc.
SYHI Night @ t he ADK Thunder game! Saturday, January 29th 7PM $15 per ticket with a popcorn and soda for the game!
THANK YOU to everyone who ordered food and helped support SYHI! We raised $300!
Rec Card info
Rec Card Reminder
Registration for City or Non-City Rec Card
Required for participation in our Drop-in Sessions
If you have not done so already, please click the "Online Registration" link below to register for a City or Non-City Rec Card in Community Pass.
To begin, follow these steps:
- Families need to first create their own Community Pass account by clicking on the ONLINE REGISTRATION link (also available on our website at www.SaratogaRec.com).
- Once your account is created, you will receive an e-mail containing your log in information.
- After you create your account, be sure to also register for a City or Non-City Rec Card!
A family may include yourself and anyone else residing in your home.
City of Saratoga Springs Residents:
In order to receive the City discount, after you have created your Community Pass account, you must email 2 proofs of residency to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 518-584-1748 to have your account verified. The list of valid proofs of residency are located on the Community Pass account creation page. We will review your information and let you know when your account has been verified.
CrossBar - How to add a family member!
Adding a new user account (such as an additional parent or even one for the player) is easy and you can add as many accounts as you need. It is important to remember that these instructions must be completed by a user account that already has access to the participant.
Log in to your organization's website using the same email address. This must be done for an organization website, not the mobile application.
Click Account in the top navigation.
Click Participants in the left navigation (click the down arrow if you are accessing the website from a mobile device).
Click 'View Details' on the participant in question.
Once on the player profile, click Add Account at the top.
Enter the user's email address. At this time they will receive an email address inviting them to access the participant.
Need to add more than one? Refresh the page and you can add another.
Advertise your business this season on SYHI Dasher boards!
CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!
We need your kids picture & quote!
1. Picture of your hockey player, level and hockey #
2. What age did your child start playing
3. What school does your child attend
4. A quote from your player - Why do they love Saratoga Youth Hockey?
Please note that sending in a picture with this information will be your consent for use on our website and social media.
Board of Directors 2021-2022
Saratoga Youth Hockey is a Non Profit organization founded in 1976 by Joe Vernon, Saratoga Youth Hockey has been providing organized hockey to boys and girls of all levels of ability in the Saratoga, NY region for over 30 years. We strive to meet Joe's dream of making ice hockey accessible to all.
Saratoga-Wilton Youth Baseball Our recreational baseball program is open to all players ages 4-15. We offer five age appropriate divisions, each aiming to teach the basics of the game while keeping baseball FUN