St. Viator Parish School
Viator Voice: May 30, 2022
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE CLASS OF 2022!
8th Graders Take 1st Place in the Stock Market Game
Students in the 8th grade participated in the Stock Market Game from January through April. They learned basic economics including supply and demand, how credit and interest rates work and researching and spot trends in the stock market. Each team invests a fictitious $100,000 in a computerized stock market simulation. The St. Viator 8th grade class took 1st place for middle schools in the region. The first place team for the region was Rhobina C. and Kaitlyne N. Their portfolio preformed 29% above the S&P 500 index. Mrs. Garner said “ with some keen insights into renewable energy stocks and a little help from some friends these girls did an amazing job, especially during a trying time in the market. I am so proud of the whole class and what they achieved in this project. They really enjoy it and learn real world lessons.”
Congratulations Pre-K Students! It's clear you are ready for Kindergarten!
1st Grade! 1st Grade! Here comes the Kindergarteners!
Congratulations to all Faculty and Staff with a Graduating Child & St. Viator Alum
Here's to an exciting new future ahead. Wishing you all happiness as you graduate and celebrate your achievements. We are so proud of you all!
We Will Miss You, Mrs. Marlow!
Mrs. Mary Jane Marlow has worn many hats over the years: parent, parent volunteer, Foundation Honoree, PTO President, PTO Member, Office Manager, etc.
We thank Mrs. Marlow for her immeasurable contributions to the school community of St. Viator. We know this is not goodbye, but we do wish her well on her next great adventure.
Summer Reading Skills Program
UNLV Continuing Education
Institute of Reading Development
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER
Inquire early! Class size is limited!
CD Young's Karate Kids Summer & Martial Athlete Camp 2022
Empower a child in your life to be their best this summer.
Parents - the sign up process is effortless. You are already on your way.
Give your kids and teens a Fun, Safe way to enjoy their summer!
Our kids summer camp is ideal for kids ages 4-11.
(Participants must be at least 4 years old and have previously attended pre-school. If you are not a current CD Young's Karate student and are 4 or 5 years old, please contact us in advance for approval before registering. We want to ensure it is a good fit!)
Our Martial Athlete Camp is ideal for Middle and High School age kids, However it is open for ages 6-16.
All camp dates registered for are able to be changed up to 14 days ahead (as long as space permits). So book now and feel free to adjust your dates as needed.
CLICK THE LINK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION
REGISTER AT: bit.ly/karatesummercamp2022
SVS STALLIONS SUMMER CHESS CAMP 2022
MAY 25TH - JUNE 1ST ~ SHOE DRIVE TO SUPPORT CAMPUS MINISTRY
Automatic Payment Cards
Automatic Payment Cards for the 2022-2023 school year for those families who would like to take advantage of this means for monthly tuition are now available in the school office.
Please return no later than June 6th to the office with a voided check or mail to 4246 S. Eastern Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89119. You can also choose to pay automatically by credit card each month at a 3% service charge. Credit card forms are available in the school office.
All fees and school financial obligations must be completed by Thursday, June 2nd in order for your child to receive their final report card and to be registered for the 2022-2023 school year. If you have any questions regarding your account, please contact Renee Alex, 732-4477x105, email email@example.com
Summer Office Hours
During the month of June, school office hours are 9 am to 12 pm, Monday through Friday.
The school office will close on July 1st and reopen on August 1st. Of special note:
- Please notify the office as soon as possible with any changes in your contact information, including new phone numbers, addresses, email addresses, etc.
- The 2022-23 School Calendar, Student Supply lists and the Parent Student Handbook are conveniently placed on our school website: stviatorschool.org for your reference. The calendar and Handbook are under Parent Life and the Student Supply List is under Student Life. We will promptly notify you of any change in the school calendar.
- Medical Information: Any student (Pre-K, K, incoming 7th) who does not have their updated immunization record on file with the school nurse by August 12th will not be permitted to attend school until all records have been received. All incoming PreK students must have their Health Statement signed and turned in by August 12th.
- Families requiring Extended Care/Morning Care may register prior to the start of school.
- The first 2022-2023 tuition payment is due July 15th. ALL payments must be mailed in or called in using credit card or debit card. Mrs. Alex will be in the office to answer any invoice questions via phone, but the office will not be open to parents during the month of July.
We truly look forward to seeing you in August!