Crestwood Intermediate Newsletter
Welcome Back CIS!
Welcome to the start of another school year. I certainly hope everyone had the opportunity to relax and recharge after such a challenging 2020-21 school year. We are so excited to see everyone!!
THE CIS EXPERIENCE WILL INSPIRE AND ENGAGE STUDENTS!!!
COVID Guidelines: We know many people are interested in what the COVID-19 protocols will look like for this school year. We will be sending additional information closer to the start of classes. However, here is a quick summary of some practices as they stand now.
- Masking: Masking will be optional for all students and staff. However, masks are highly recommended for those who are not vaccinated or who may have vulnerable family members at home. We are encouraging students and staff to stay home and wear a mask when you are not feeling well. Under federal law, masks MUST be worn at all times on school transportation (buses) regardless of vaccination status.
- Distancing: We will continue to try to keep students 3 feet apart when possible.
- Cleaning: We will continue to be vigilant with our cleaning protocols including encouraging students and staff to frequently wash their hands and use hand sanitizer.
Please know these could change at any time based on the status of the pandemic and conditions in our school and community.
CIS OPEN HOUSE: The purpose of our open house is to help you and your child become familiar with their new surroundings and classes/teachers. An open house agenda will be shared with you in the next coming weeks and your homeroom teacher will be in contact with you and your family before the open house with classroom details!
CIS Open House will be from 4pm till 6pm on August 26th.
Student Computers: Each student will have their own Chromebook. CIS students will be assigned computers at their school building at the beginning of the school year.
Important Upcoming Dates/Information
Students with last names A-M will attend school on Monday Aug 30th.
Students with last names N-Z will attend school on Tues Aug 31st.
All Students will attend school on Wed Sept 1st.
CIS school hours will be 8:40am - 3:15pm
Student Homeroom Changes/Updates
ROOM 220: If your student was assigned Mr. Grubbs, your student's homeroom teacher is now Ms. Cipalla.
ROOM 206: If your student was assigned Ms. Randall, your student's homeroom teacher is now Ms. Ruggiero.
ROOM 126: If your student was assigned Mr. Rauber, your student's homeroom teacher is now Mr. Grubbs.
ROOM 306: If your student was assigned Mrs. Miller, your student's homeroom teacher is now Mr. Rauber.
ROOM 308: If your student was assigned Ms. Ponick, your student's homeroom teacher is now Mrs. Szemenyei.
All CIS homeroom teachers will be in contact with you and your family before the school starts to introduce themselves and teacher team.
Free and Reduced Lunch
Reasons to Apply for Free-or-Reduced School Meals:
- Did you know that filling out a free-or-reduced price school meal application each year can benefit not only your family but also your children’s schools?
- Possible waiving of or reduced school and activity fees
- The more applications your school gathers at the start of each school year, the more additional funding they can receive for all kinds of programs that help children, families, teachers, administrators—everyone!
We encourage everyone to submit an application today!
Crestwood Intermediate School
CLS MISSION: To help students identify, nurture, and maximize their unique talents, abilities, and skills as they prepare to become successful and productive members of society in the 21st century.
CRESTWOOD INTERMEDIATE INSTRUCTIONAL PHILOSOPHY: To create an engaging learning environment that will inspire and enable students to develop and strengthen 21st century skills to empower the CIS student to become a productive citizen within our community.
6th Grade Honors ELA Summer Reading Reminder
Students recommended for honors ELA in the sixth grades will complete a summer reading along with accompanying activities during the break. Teachers will send home copies of the reading selection on Thursday or Friday. Please feel free to reach out to the appropriate teacher or your child's homeroom teacher on Friday with any questions or concerns.