Eastlake Middle School 3.5.18
The Week at a Glance
I hope your plans are going well for the upcoming Spring Break. For our 8th grade parents, graduation will be just around the corner. Please make sure you are checking with your counselors for valuable information. I have attached some key items to consider below. For our 7th grade parents, we are well on our way to preparing for the 8th grade year. I hope many of your students will be interested in serving as orientation leaders and peer mentors for our new crop of incoming 7th graders. Please be on the lookout for this opportunity as well as others! Here are some key items to consider...
1. Communicate with your student's teacher/counselor if you have any concerns around academic and/or mental health issues. We are here to help!
2. On March 13th, ELM will be hosting Vision Night. I hope you will consider coming to this event to give us feedback about our mission statement and the future of the school. This meeting will be combined with a PTSO Parent Series speaker. Please see the flyer below.
3. I want to ensure you once again that our district and school is doing everything possible to promote safety at our school. Call us with any concerns.
4. Registration/Student selection and Titan Night. We are starting to meet with all 8th graders to prepare them for their future high school schedules. Eastlake HS will be sending us a future flyer for their Titan night where prospective students can get the high school experience and parents can ask questions.
5. If your student would like to report incidents of bullying, please have them see their counselor or AP or email them. There is also an anonymous bully box near the nurse's office where students can report incidents. We will work on a possible electronic system for the future. We want to make sure all students have a voice and know that they have adults who will intervene on their behalf or other students.
6. Save the Date: Promotion Ceremony (June 5th at 5:00 PM at Otay Ranch High School). There will be tickets distributed to all parents.
As always... thank you for sending us awesome students. We have an amazing school in large part because of the parents.