directly from the castles of MacNeil and Leonard
Land of READ-A-LOT
Maidens and Lords finished their work on Good-bye, 382 Shin Dang Dong. Students worked on a 4-3-2-1 organizer to discover the main take away of the story. Ask your child to explain what that activity taught them!! Students took comprehension tests over the story and were very successful!
Missions in Math
Soaring in Social Studies
Our Kingdoms moved into the first science unit for the year!! Students worked as teams to discover misconceptions of technology as well as a great definition for what technology REALLY means!!
WRITING that is Worthwhile
ALL HEADS UP FOR NEXT WEEK...
- After school clubs continue next week!!
- The district webpage is being rebuilt...please see our third grade blog for newsletter information and classroom updates. Go to http://wcgrade3.blogspot.com!
- Every student should be reading every evening and documenting this time read on their monthly reading calendars that are kept in their JOB binders!
- This week a school fundraiser was sent home. Please consider helping the school out by selling items. These fundraisers are what helps the school update gym supplies, pay for school assemblies, and buy new playgrounds!
- There will be NO SCHOOL on Thursday, October 31, 2013.
- Both third grade teachers will be out Wednesday AM and Friday AM for professional development.