August 21, 2020
Dear Morton Families,
On behalf of the Morton staff, I would like to thank you for your continued support. The students have done a tremendous job of adjusting to school while also embracing new protocols related to COVID 19. The resilience that our students and staff have demonstrated this week is truly remarkable. Our staff continues to adjust to the demands of concurrent remote learning while students are in the classroom. This is a new endeavor for all of us. Each day we learn something new! Throughout this journey, we will encounter disruptions for various reasons. It is very important that we give each other grace and understanding. This new model of instructional delivery presents many new and unique challenges. Please continue to communicate with the classroom teacher and give us a call if you wish to change the status of your child's learning plan. Families can change their status one time per semester. If your family experiences a long term illness related to COVID 19, we will reach out to you and set up remote learning for the duration of the absence. Once again, thank you for your continued support. We are very excited to have our students back in session. It is going to be a great year!
- The school doors will open at 8:10 a.m. It is very important that we allow for social distancing during arrival. Please stay in your vehicles. We will ask that you conduct school business via phone or remotely when possible. Supervision for students will begin at 8:10 a.m. If your child participates in our breakfast program, they will enter the school at 8:00 a.m.
- Students will wear face coverings throughout the school day. Teachers will provide mask breaks when social distancing can be ensured.
- We will implement a staggered dismissal and utilize multiple exit points throughout the school to ensure social distancing. Please utilize the student pickup cards to ensure an efficient pick up process. Your child received two cards on their first day of school. Please keep one card in each of your vehicles. Staff will communicate through walkie talkies to ensure a safe and efficient pick up process. You can find detailed information regarding our reopening plan here.
- Remote Learners will experience live instruction for Reading, Writing, and Math. Attendance will be taken. Grades will be given. Continue to communicate with your classroom teacher to ensure a successful experience for your family. The concurrent remote learning plan can be accessed here.
- Remote learning will not be offered for short term absences. Short term absences will be treated the same way that we have in the past. Teachers will provide work in a traditional manner for these absences.
- Please remember to wash face coverings frequently.
- I would encourage you to reference the MPS COVID site linked here. This page is updated daily.
We are all in this together. We've got this!
August 17 - September 25 - MAP Growth Assessments
September 7 - No School - Labor Day
September 25 - Picture Day
October 13 - End of 1st Quarter
October 8, 12, 15 - Parent Teacher Conferences
October 30 - Picture Re-Take
Please utilize these valuable resources to follow the progress of Millard Public Schools during the COVID 19 pandemic.