May 20, 2016 Volume 6.37
Straight 8 is Saturday!
Dear ROCK STAFF,
Due to next week's short week, I will not send a newsletter next week. I hope you all enjoy your upcoming 5 day weekend. Thank you to those of you who are working ROCK PLUS on May 26
- Straight 8 training will be held in Allen ISD on Saturday, May 21st. Time: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Where: Allen ISD Central Office 612 East Bethany Dr. Allen 75002. Carpools and lunch will be provided. Only water will be provided to drink, so if you want to bring your own drink with you, you are welcome to do so. There is a vending machine available on-site but requires $1.25, so plan accordingly. Those of you who are carpooling with me, please park in the front parking lot of our Central Office and come get it my Suburban. I'll meet you there at 7:00 a.m. Feel free to bring you a breakfast snack to eat on the way!
- Safe Schools training: Some of you still have not completed this task. I sent you a separate email out it.
- Early Release is the last day of school, June 3rd. Please let you Site Coordinator know if you will NOT be able to be at work by 11:30 a.m. Site Coordinators- please check with your parents to know who will be in attendance on June 3rd. If we do need to order you an Aesop sub, please let us know ASAP.
- Save the Dates: Please check the Upcoming Events section as I have added the August training dates. Plan your summer vacations accordingly!
Photos this week:
Quote of the week: As you are probably growing weary at this time of the year, please remember that being prepared for the day will make you day go more smoothly!
- Shannon Rockers had a fun end of the year party with a photo booth and minute-to-win-it games! Enjoy their photos below, first and second.
- Nebbie ROCK STARS completed a garden project to beautiful their campus. Third photo: kids with their painted rocks. Fourth photo: finished garden project. Way to go, Nebbie!
You guys, ROCK!
May 21: Straight 8 Summer Training
May 26 and 27: Probable school holidays/ ROCK PLUS
May 30: Memorial Day, School and ROCK Holiday
June 3: Last day of School and ROCK and Pay roll cut off
June 6: Mandatory Summer Staff Orientation
June 7: First day of I Spy Summer Rock
August 3, 5 and 8: Site Coordinator Training
August 10 and 11: All ROCK STAFF Training Days at Stevenson Library 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m
Karen Hunter, ROCK Coordinator - 469-698-7140
Tracey King, Program Assistant - 469-698-7141
Leslie Kropp, Financial Secretary -469-698-7032
Jeanette Murrell, Lead Site Coordinator - 469-698-7035