The Sequiota Scoop
A weekly glance at what's happening at Sequiota Elementary
Good Morning Sequiota Families!
- We have a ton of coats & sweatshirts in the Lost & Found in the APR. Please come in this week and take a look to make sure they don't belong to your child. If not claimed by Friday, we will donate what is left to the Clothing Bank. We have had all clothes on display on a table near the microwaves and also hanging on the rack in the Lost & Found.
- School is dismissed at 3:35 p.m. and car line ends around 3:50 p.m. Please make sure you are picking your child up on time. We appreciate the many of you who arrive on time, each and every day!
- December is a time of giving for most families, please consider giving to your child's teacher by sending them a note of recognition using the link below!
Watch the video below to see some of our Sequiota Indians!
See our very own Tim Sallee & Mike Dawson talking about our All Pro Dad Program below!
Introducing Mike Dawson, our Chief Learning Officer-but first parent of Sequiota Indians Christian & Jack! (Emma too...)
What's Happening @ Sequiota This Week? Read Below!
Monday, December 7th:
- It's a great Monday to be an Indian!
- October & November Student of the Month Breakfast @ McDonalds-9:00 a.m.
Tuesday, December 8th:
- K/1 & Singsations dress rehearsal @ 2:00 p.m. in the APR
- K/1 & Singsations performance @ 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, December 9th:
- PTA Board meeting in the library @ 4:00 p.m.
Thursday, December 10th:
- All Pro Dad Breakfast @ 7:30 a.m.
- Civility Assembly @ 8:40 a.m.
- 9:30 Mrs. Nichols Readers Theater Presentation for parents in the APR
- 2:15 Kindergarten Preparation for Future Indians w/Angel from PAT
Friday, December 4th:
- Hat Day
- National Ugly Sweater Day! Staff & students participate!
- Happy B-day Lesley Earls (Saturday the 5th)!
We would love for you to come and volunteer to help during the party! It should be a super fun day! Sign-up to volunteer at the link below:
**If the sign-up is full, please plan to come anyway to enjoy the day with your student!
- Empty 16 oz. clear bottles with lids (water, soda, Gatorade, etc...)
- Photo booth props for our Production Studio (glasses, hats, jackets...etc.)
- Old electronics that you do not want back (dvd player, vcr, computer, toys, microwaves, and other small appliances). These items can be broken-we will take anything that can be taken apart.
WANT TO STAY CONNECTED AT SEQUIOTA? THE THREE BUTTONS BELOW WILL HELP YOU STAY INFORMED SO YOU WON'T MISS A THING!
Sequiota is a hidden treasure on the southeast side of Springfield! Over the last 50 years, Sequiota has changed in appearance but the values remain the same. We recently gathered to celebrate 50 years of education, success, community and family! Sequiota is a school where students come first and are at the heart of every decision made. Sequiota is home to some of the BEST families in Springfield! Sequiota would not have the ability to do all that it does without the support of our PTA. The Sequiota PTA truly has the students best interest at heart and serves as a huge foundation of Sequiota Elementary School. If you are looking for a school with a small community feel, you have come to the right place. At Sequiota, we are not just a school, we are a family that supports one another and collaborates to provide the BEST education possible for our students.