LIFT Weekly Update
All about the Student Ministries at First Baptist Covington
Things are heating up, including your crazy schedules, here toward the end of the school year! Be sure to keep a close eye on these Weekly Updates to stay informed on all that we have going on!
Prayer Breakfast is on for tomorrow! Come enjoy some fantastic home-cooked food and a nice time of prayer before school. We only have a couple left, and our last Prayer Breakfast is May 5th, so don't miss this chance!
LIFT, is on for this week, and we'll have FREE DINNER, enjoy some great music, and get more of our new series "When God is Silent!" Check out last week's message with follow-up questions below!
Youth Choir is taking a little break for a while, but it will return at the end of the summer.
At LifeLine this week we'll continue out study of 1 John, enjoy some ice cream, and break out some 9-square and Spikeball!
Summer Camp this year is July 13-17, and we'll be heading to Student Life @ Daytona Beach for an incredible week! Sign-ups are now open HERE, and space is limited. Be sure to register soon!
Graduate Sunday is coming up May 17th! It includes recognition in our morning services, a slideshow of favorite pictures, family pictures, a luncheon, and the presentation of scholarships! Seniors, remember, your APPLICATIONS AND PICTURES ARE DUE IN THE CHURCH OFFICE BY MAY 4TH!!!
We've got some awesome stuff coming up this summer! Be sure to check out the Important Dates below!
The LIFT Supper Schedule is below, and our first one for the year is next week. Many of you signed up at our Parent Meeting. Let me know if you'd like to be added to an open spot!
- May 17th - Graduate Recognition Sunday
- May 31st-June 3rd - Vacation Bible School (It's for kids, but lots of youth help out!)
- June 10th - Summer Camp Parent Meeting @ 7:30pm after LIFT!
- June 17th - LIFT Lake Day! 1pm-8:30pm!
- July 13th-17th - Summer Camp @ Daytona Beach
- August 1st-2nd - LIFToff!!!
Current Message Series at LIFT
How are we supposed to act when God feels far away?
LIFT Supper Schedule
We offer FREE dinner to our students once a month. Here's the schedule you signed up for!
Summer Camp 2015
Student Life @ Daytona is July 13-17, and it's going to be amazing! Register online today!
LIFT Supper Schedule
Last Week's Message From LIFT
· Have you ever thought of yourself as an idol worshiper?
· What are some of the biggest “idols” in your life?
· What does idol worship have to do with feeling far from God?
· What do you think of this quote? “There is a God-shaped vacuum in the heart of every person, and it can never be filled by any created thing. It can only be filled by God, made known through Jesus Christ.” - Blaise Pascal, French Philosopher (1623-1662)
· What are some specific steps you can take to get rid of idols in your life and fill the hole in your heart with God?