Belonging, Learning and Growing Together.
The Pelican Brief
General Information and Upcoming Events
- Kindergarten Open Night - Thursday 9th August. Please make sure you have enrolled your child if they are attending Banksmeadow school next year. Information packs will be sent out shortly. We have enrolment forms at the preschool if required. It would be appreciated if you could write down which school your child will be attending next year. A sheet is provided where you sign in and out.
- Athletics Carnival - Friday 10th August at 9.10am on the school oval. You are welcome to come and watch.
- Please do not double park outside the preschool when dropping off and picking up your child.
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity
- Children have a strong sense of identity.
- Children feel safe, secure, and supported
- Children develop their emerging autonomy, inter-dependence, resilience and sense of agency
- Children develop knowledgeable and confident self- identities
- Children learn to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect
Baby Bathing Time!
- Children initiate interactions and conversations with trusted educators.
- Children confidently explore and engage with social and physical environments through relationships and play.
- Children openly express their feelings and ideas in their interactions with others.
Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world
Children develop a sense of belonging to groups and communities and an understanding of the reciprocal rights and responsibilities necessary for active community participation
Children respond to diversity with respect
Children become aware of fairness
Children become socially responsible and show respect for the environment
Our Class Pets!
- Children explore relationships with other living things.
- Children show growing appreciation and care for the natural environment.
Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing
Children become strong in their social and emotional wellbeing
Children take increasing responsibility for their own health and physical wellbeing
The children were enthusiastic to participate in relay races. The children followed instructions given by Mrs Nicol and Mrs Dickson in preparation for our athletics carnival on Friday. The children will engage in various activities on carnival day so we are practising a range of movement skills each day. The children have been participating in sack races and the relay races with confidence, energy and purpose.
- Children develop their physical skills and spatial awareness.
- Children show an understanding of healthy lifestyles, including physical fitness and good nutrition.
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners
Children develop dispositions for learning such as curiosity, cooperation, confidence, creativity, commitment, enthusiasm, persistence, imagination and reflexivity
Children develop a range of skills and processes such as problem solving, enquiry, experimentation, hypothesising, researching and investigating
Children transfer and adapt what they have learned from one setting to another
Children resource their own learning through connecting with people, place, technologies and natural and processed materials
The children explained their artwork with others around them as they drew with the texta and added the detail with their paint selection. The very proud artists then showed their masterpieces to their friends.
- Children use play to imagine and explore ideas.
- Children develop dispositions for learning such as creativity and imagination.