Week of March 23rd - 27th
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend - here is a look at the week ahead:
There are several ARD's today so Traci & I will be periodically tied up throughout the day. One of us should always be available if you need assistance.
Be listening attentively around 2:05...for a high pitched sound....that signals you to exit the building....with your class....out a certain door...
Tuesday, March 24th: I will be in Houston at the Principal Institute through Thursday. Traci will be here to keep the train on the tracks while I'm gone.
3:00 - TELPAS Rating Party
Wednesday, March 25th: .
Thursday, March 26th: TELPAS Testing - Ocean Lab
Friday, March 27th: Early Release - 12:30 This is a regular day for staff. The afternoon may be used for parent conferences or for PLC/Grade Level planning.
March 26th - Brittany Anderson
It's here! STARFEST is this Saturday from 3:00-6:00. Be sure to go to http://vols.pt/QLJvb3 to sign up to volunteer to help out!
Welcome Back Mrs. Jones! Has it been 6 weeks already?? We are glad to have you back and can't wait to see more pictures of precious Patricia Marie!
In the News.....
- Please welcome Wendy Bolding to the OSE staff. She will be filling in for Jessica Blessum in the MTA classroom until the end of the school year.
- Please keep Linda Eason and her family in your prayers. Linda's husband, Mark, suffered a heart attack Saturday night. He had surgery to put a stint in one of his arteries already and will have surgery today to have stint out in the other one. I will pass on more information as I receive it.
- If you haven't heard, the Commissioner of Education has ruled that all 3-8 STAAR testing for the 2015-2016 school year will take place May 9-13th - WOW! Maybe they are finally starting to listen to teachers and the next step will be no STAAR....only time will tell!
- I have placed some STAAR review samples in the lounge for the taking. These cThere are samples for reading, math and science. These can be used for small group tutoring or class warm-ups.
- Don't forget! For just $10, you can wear jeans the ENTIRE MONTH OF APRIL! Please give your money to Marcia and she will write you a receipt and give you a coupon - thank you for your support!
That's all I have for now. Have a fabulous week!
Yes, this is really my desk. I probably won't be able to find anything since there are no longer any piles; however, it is clean......for now.
Yes, this is really my table. Feel free to come by and take a look at both my desk AND table....I'm not even charging admission for this "freak" show! It's a limited showing so be sure and stop by!
Albert Einstein's Desk......
.....on the day of his death. Hmmmm.....
" If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?" Albert Einstein
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!