The Week Ahead
November 21st - November 25th, 2022
November - Hindu Heritage Month & Indigenous Education Month
*BULLYING AWARENESS & PREVENTION WEEK*
Monday, November 21st, 2022 (Day 2)
- Gr. 7/8 Immunizations
- "Let's Talk Science" Visiting JK/SKB (Lloyd)
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022 (Day 3)
Wednesday, November 23rd, 2022 (Day 4)
- Lockdown Drill - 12:30 pm
Thursday, November 24th, 2022 (Day 5)
- Hot Lunch - Pizza
- Picture Re-Takes
- LDSB Pink Shirt Day
- Dorsey/Collins to Gould Lake
Friday, November 25th, 2022 - PA DAY
Upcoming Important Dates:
November 28th - Olsen/MacAdam Trip to Alice in Wonderland
November 29th - Parent Council Meeting (6:00 pm)
December 18th - Start of Hannukah
December 23rd - Last Day Before Break
December 25th - Christmas
December 26th - Start of Kwanzaa
BUY SPIRIT WEAR ANYTIME - SCHOOL GETS 10% OF ALL PROCEEDS!
Message From the Principal
We are thrilled to hear we will be back in the building tomorrow after a tentative deal was reached between CUPE and the Ontario government! Please return any devices sent out last week with your children tomorrow, so we can get them back into classrooms for student use.
This week is Bullying Prevention and Awareness Week. While weeks like this are important, we strive to make our school a safe and inclusive environment for everyone, all of the time, and I truly believe we have made a great deal of progress towards this goal through the hard work and commitment of our staff, students, and families. Still, it is important for us to remain vigilant, and we appreciate you letting us know when you have concerns or become aware of problematic situations involving bullying (repeated or ongoing mistreatment involving an imbalance of power).
We would like to thank you for donating 442 pairs of socks as part of "Socktober" - the Kingston community donated nearly 25,000 socks which have been distributed to various agencies to support those in need.
Thank you, and have a wonderful week!
Pick-Up & Drop-Off Map
SAFE ARRIVAL ATTENDANCE SYSTEM
How to report a student absence using SafeArrival
There are three ways you can report your student’s absence in advance:
1. Using your mobile device, download and install the SchoolMessenger blue app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store or from School Messenger website or you can select it from within the LDSB mobile app. The first time you use the app, select Sign Up to create your account. Make sure you use the same email address your child’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system. Select Attendance, then Report an Absence.
2. Use the School Messenger website. The first time you use the website, select Sign Up to create your account. Please ensure you use the same email address your student’s school has on file. If you do not use that same email address, you will not be able to create an account. You may have already created an account when we introduced the Communicate broadcast system. Select Attendance then Report an Absence.
3. Call 1-855-257-9349 toll-free to report an absence using the automated phone system.
***Please do not call the school directly to report your student's absence***
This year WJ Holsgrove Public School will continue using FlipGive, a free team funding app.
We earn cash back on every purchase we make all year long! All you have to do is shop anytime with the brands you already love, like Home Depot, Walmart, Sport Chek, Indigo, Old Navy, Apple, Esso, and Loblaws. No more going door-to-door selling chocolate bars - it’s completely virtual and contactless. On flipgive, you can also order gift cards!
Join our team now and you’ll get a $5 bonus the first time you shop: https://flipgive.app.link/teams/join?joincode=CG467Y
Or enter this code: CG467Y
Any questions, just ask!
Want to learn more? Check out this 2 minute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vTO_Qg4n80