Totem Falls Raven Review
Thursday, May 12, 2022
MESSAGE FROM DR. CHURCH
Dear Totem Falls Parents,
With SBA testing happening all month, we know kids get sick, if they miss a testing day we have built in make-up days. It is better for your student to stay home, rest and get well.
A big thank you to PTO who has been a big part of returning to some normalcy this school year. They have been very busy working behind the scenes to bring back the popular events like Science Fair. There are several students participating so please be sure to come tonight to support those kiddos who worked hard on their boards. The classes will also be walking through the gym tomorrow to view the projects Friday morning.
Also, coming back is POPCORN! That’s right, popcorn will return during 3rd recess starting Wednesday, May 18th. The PTO is offering this for free the remainder of the year.
If you are interested in helping the PTO organize and host future events, there are many kinds of help they are looking for. Check out The Flock newsletter below to find out what is needed.
FROM THE MUSIC ROOM
The 1st and 2nd grade students are proud to present On Safari. Each class will be teaching you and singing about an exciting animal that can be found on an African Safari.
TOTEM FALLS AQUASOX NIGHT: May 22nd
We will be having an AquaSox Totem Falls night on May 22nd at 4:05pm. Everyone is invited!
Flyers were recently sent home. Just scan the QR code to be linked to group portal and type totemfalls to purchase tickets.
***If you have the AquaSox Reading FREE GAME voucher, you can still use that voucher online too. It will prompt you to use to input the voucher at checkout.
We have a few extra yearbooks that can still be purchased. To reserve one of those copies, send an email to email@example.com with the students name, teachers name and grade level. Payment can be made via check at the time of pick up.
HIGH SCHOOL THEATER
Once Upon A Mattress -Snohomish High School
Snohomish High School student theatre presents Once Upon A Mattress. The kingdom is under a curse! Queen Aggravain has decreed that no one shall be able to wed until her sweet, beautiful, special boy, Prince Dauntless, gets married. The problem is, no potential princess can pass the queen’s eligibility test. But maybe the unconventional Princess Winnifred can beat the test and undo the curse. Based loosely on the fairy tale, “The Princess and the Pea,” this family-friendly musical has been delighting audiences for over 60 years!
Performances will be held May 13, 14, 20, and May 21 at Snohomish High School (1316 Fifth Street in Snohomish). Evening performances each day at 7 p.m., Saturday matinees at 1 p.m. Tickets are $15/adults and $10 student/senior citizens (over 65)/military. Tickets are available for purchase at showtix4u.com/events/shstheatre or at the door with cash only.
This musical has a recommended age rating of PG for mild sexual humor and alcohol.
DISTRICT-APPROVED COMMUNITY FLIERS
- AJAC Advanced Manufacturing Bootcamp
- Annual Plant Sale - Snohomish High School
- Charity Art Auction Sponsored by Snohomish High School Art Honor Society for Cocoon House
- Community Service Opportunity - TOPSoccer
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Crossview Tutoring
- Foreign Language for Youth Online Spanish, French, Japanese and Mandarin Classes
- Free STEM K-8 Series - Meeting Boeing Professionals
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Girls Basketball Youth Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- Glacier Peak Volleyball Boosters Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- iFly - Spanish French Japanese and Mandarin
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- LEGO Ninjas and LEGO Architecture at Totem Falls Elementary Strategic Kids Activities
- Let Me Run at Seattle Hill Elementary
- Once Upon a Mattress - Presented by Snohomish High School student theatre
- Panther Tennis Camp - June 7-9
- Reflections School of Dance
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish High School Boys Basketball Summer Camp
- Snohomish High School Night of the Arts Coloring Sheets
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- Snohomish Student Mountain Biking Team
- Snohomish Youth Volleyball
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids - May 2022
- Teen Love and Dating Information from Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County
- WA Opportunity Scholarship
2021-2022 School Year
- Monday, May 30, 2022 - No school/Memorial Day
- Monday, June 20, 2022 - Last day of school (half-day early release)
2022-2023 School Year
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
TOTEM FALLS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
Craig Church, Principal
Tiffany Bidne, Administrative Assistant
Jennifer Jordan, Main Office Secretary
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, firstname.lastname@example.org; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, email@example.com.