VA Thespian Update
VA Thespians Kudos & Happenings
May: May the Force Be With You Through Testing & More!
Many seasons are starting to wind down as planning for summer winds up. Keep us posted on your exciting summer plans and more! This is the last call for students to apply to be a VTO this month. Also, sign up for our teacher PD on August 2-3rd in Richmond, VA if you are free. It will be a great place to share what else you would like to see from Virginia Thespians throughout the year too!
We would also love to share out about your productions on our social media pages. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram at @vathespians so we can follow you back/keep track of your happenings. You may see your school or show featured soon. Use #vathespians for us to easily find your post!
MORE VTF 2022 Highlights
Teacher Tool of the Month: Nat'l Theatre Standards & EdTA Lesson Library
Virginia Thespians Alumni Group
Virginia Theatre Arts Standards
Jameela Jamil x I Weigh Scholarship
Your student, could be awarded $5,000! Find out more information here!
"You have a story that deserves to be told and a voice that needs to be heard. We want to hear you, and we want to help you be heard by the world!
I Weigh is all about radical inclusivity and allyship, creating a community where no one feels alone. Our mission is to amplify, advocate, and pass the mic, while inspiring everyone around us to continue learning and growing as individuals, which in turn will result in growth collectively as a society.
As part of our mission to amplify new voices, we’re so excited to launch a scholarship, and at least three students will be awarded $5,000 each for their education!" (Essay as part of the application.)
HAPPENING BEGINNING OF MAY!
How to Find out More...?
Spring Inductions Checklist
1. Hold an interest meeting. Ask- Who is interested in becoming inducted into ITS?
2. Share out the point application for students to complete with their past and current theatrical experiences for certain point values.
3. Have students fill out the Member Google form, for the exact information you need to collect to put them into the official ITS/ EdTA system, and pay $35 for the one-time membership fee, which lasts them a lifetime. (More materials at the bottom of the newsletter to promote and explain ITS.)
4. Hold inductions. Here is a sample outline to use. You can create your own rituals, traditions, or if you are in a pinch, it can be less than 30 minutes before school starts or before a rehearsal for example.
5. Log into your myedta account to input all of your new inductees.
6. Pay the lump some as the director, if your students didn't pay EdTA directly. Our suggestion is to collect the money as you typically do for school events, work with your bookkeeper or boosters to cut one check to EdTA to keep it simple.
7. Hold an end of year or semester celebration to hand out the new goodies when they are delivered to the school!
Don't have a troupe yet? Read more about the benefits and process here!