Thursday Tips and Tidbits
Mid Month Check-in!
Do you want...$5000 retail and Stellar Seller?
Earn $100 product credit AND this month, $500 MORE in product credit, PLUS, 30% commission (how does $1500 on your little blue card sound?) AND $162.50 minimum in biz supply credits.
How about $2500 retail and earning your sales bonus of 5%?
This month, if you've had 2 trunk shows that qualify for Stack up Your rewards, that's $200 in product for holiday, PLUS $750 on your little blue card (remember, you bump up your commission to 30% here!) AND $82.25 in business supply credits.
Or, are you a happy hobbyist and just want to qualify at $500 retail?This month, why stop at just $500? Have 2 trunk shows that qualify and you've earned $100 in product credits or more! But if this level is what you're aiming for because it's a bold goal for you, then you'll earn $25 in business supply credits AND qualify to receive corporate referred orders (those who go to the main S&D website and don't have a stylist. They don't happen often and aren't guaranteed, but they're a fun little perk!)
Top Ten Ways to Build Your Social Circle
1. Take the show on the road. Adorn yourself in jewels and arm yourself with mini look books. Head out to the mall or your favorite boutiques and window shop. The whole intent is to strike up conversations with the people you meet. Challenge yourself! Head out with a pack of minis labeled and challenge yourself to exchange contact info with 25 people over 5 days (so 5 a day). Write each person's info on a post it note or get a business card. Find a partner and hold each other accountable - reward yourself along the way!
2. Take #1 a step further - bring a portfolio of jewels with you to your favorite store. When a salesperson asks, "May I help you find something" you can easily reply, "Actually, yes! You can help me! I'm looking for the perfect dress to go with this necklace." Live near a Nordstroms? Make an appointment with a personal shopper - it's a free service they offer!
3. Expand your social circle and create a "better you!" Join a gym, community club, book club, or Junior League. Take a Zumba or yoga class or how about a cooking or pottery class? You'll meet people with the same interests as you, and it's all about building authentic relationships with the people you meet. (S&D should be secondary).
4. Have a Pop-Up Shop. Visit your salon, spa, nail place, studios, and local boutiques. Talk up your stylist or ask to speak with a marketing manager. Prospecting in more places than just where you typically go? Bring a lookbook and note introducing yourself along with bag of gourmet peanuts tagged with "I know you'll go nuts over our cute jewelry!"
5. Mail-Out Mondays / Have your own Booking Blitz! Revisit old order forms or your contacts list in the Lounge. Send our latest lookbook to 10 previous customers who loved the line when you met them but maybe do not realize we have now expanded our line. NOTE: THIS WILL ONLY WORK WHEN YOU MAKE TIME TO FOLLOW UP A COUPLE DAYS LATER WITH A PHONE CALL.
6. Ask for Referrals. Maybe your inner circle is "tapped out," but what about your sister's, mother's, bff's, or coworker's, inner circle? Offer a small sparkly token as a thank you if their referral books with you.
7. Raise Awareness. Raise Funds. Put a call out to your Facebook friends, co-workers, family, etc. letting them know you are there to support their cause. Offer the Style Rewards as auction item or donate a portion of your commissions.
8. Ladies Night Out. Search for area restaurants that host ladies night out on certain nights of the week. Make sure to have a little raffle item to collect contact information from everyone you speak with.
9. Network. Network. Network. You know what the #1 Stella & Dot networking event is? It's the TRUNK SHOW! But if you're looking to find ways to meet other women outside of your network or if you're new in a community, find local women's networking groups. Search the web, Facebook, Eventbrite, Meet-up.com, or your local Chamber of Commerce. Look for vendor events like bridal shows, holiday bazaars, craft fairs, and city celebrations. (Just be aware of booth costs and evaluate your return on investment before signing a contract.)
10. Connect with other women in business. It's natural for women to want to support other women. Partner up for an event and share contacts. A night of Beauty and Bling with a make-up consultant or Cupcakes and Couture with someone who is in the food service business.
Your Challenges This Week
Also, no matter what your goal is for October, whether it is one Trunk Show or 5, reach out to your sponsor and let her know. Ask her to hold you accountable and to provide coaching to help you reach your goals.
Book 1 Trunk Show in Q4 and be entered to win a Moxie specific prize! (This must be above and beyond what is already in your pipeline) If the TS you book is in September, you will receive 2 entries. Either message me or your sponsor with the date of the show!
Rev Up Your Engines (oops...I mean Business) Coming 10/1!
Rene Kauder, Independent Star Stylist and Mentor
Luxurious, affordable boutique-style accessories and home-based entrepreneurial opportunities for women. Stella & Dot is a company inspired by and created for strong women - just like you.