Houston Summer Classic Weekend
A Skating Club of Houston Newsletter
Get Ready for a Fun Packed Weekend!
Saturday, August 13
6 a.m. to 4 p.m.
SC of Houston TEST SESSION
4 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
SC of Houston USFS Level Exhibitions
(6:30 p.m.-8:00 p.m. Critique Meetings)
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Club Members and All Competitors
Bring a friend/sibling! $5 ea. at door
Sunday, August 14
7 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Summer Classic Compete USA Competition
From MKT Photography:
Hello!!! We can't wait to see you at the 2022 Houston Summer Classic!!!
MKT Events Photography will provide quality Action Photography and Video for our competition. MKT Photography is offering an AMAZING pre-sale discount, for this competition only!!!
Save some time and money by pre-purchasing your event photo and video packages prior to arrival. Our prices WILL be higher at the competition, this is the absolute BEST discount we can offer!!!
Due to the current restrictions, and to maintain as clean and safe environment as possible, there will be no onsite viewing at this competition.
Need to KNOW!
- It is tradition for after your skater performs, you can toss stuffed animals out on the ice to your skater. (not if they are doing a showcase though! only free skates) We will have a vendor there selling some small stuffed animals. PLEASE NO LIVE FLOWERS OR ANYTHING SMALL THAT CAN COME OFF OR STICK TO THE ICE
- You may photograph YOUR SKATER ONLY at this competition and from your seat at the bleachers. (Some competitions do not allow this.) Please do not stand against or near the glass/ice as this obstructs views and the professional photographer. Taking pictures or videos of other skaters is prohibited and is against USFS policy. Failure to follow USFS rules and regulations can lead to your skater being disqualified.
- Please arrive about 45 minutes prior to your competition time (or as directed by your coach-they may want you there earlier). Competitions do run early at times, so you do not want your skater to have to rush!
- When your coach is ready to take your child/skater, you need to drop them off with them and then head to the bleachers! Your coach should direct you where and when you can pick your child up after they complete their competition/program. Parents are not allowed rink side near the doors or the skaters only area. Please respect and follow the directions of the ice monitors at all times.
- Please arrive completely ready with makeup, skate dress, tights, and hair fixed and ready. If you feel you will need a locker room for changing clothing, please email Lisa Hayes at HoustonInvitationalChair@gmail.com PRIOR TO August 11, 2022.
Scoring and Skate Order Live Link
This is the link you will use to view skating order and scoring results.
We would to invite all competitors to come before the glow party on Saturday from 5:00 to 6:15 p.m. to see some amazing skating from our Pre-juvenile through Intermediate skaters! It will be fun to watch and they'd love the audience! Come cheer them on! (no charge)
Safe Skate Handbook
USFS requires that a copy of the handbook be made available to all competitors. Click on this link to access the handbook.
Scoring and Skate Order Live Link
- Come dressed in your competition attire with hair and makeup complete
- Skates! guards, soakers
- Extra tights
- bobby pins
- safety pins
- hair spray
- a small no mess snack and water
- gloves and jacket
- extra lip gloss/stick