November 2022 Newsletter
Jeanne Krapfl, Principal and Erika Tonello, Assistant Principal
Cypress Phone: 727-774-4500 Cypress Fax: 727-774-4591
Cypress Webpage: ces.pasco.k12.fl.us, Cypress Facebook: @ProudtobeaCub
Message from Jeanne Krapfl
This month’s Principal message is all about attendance. We need boys and girls to come to school every day. Here are some tips to help if they do have to be out.
- Absences can be reported MANY ways; 1. Calling the office at 727-774-4500, 2. Reporting on the link located on our school website, 3. Messaging the teacher through their Remind or DOJO App so they can send that information to the Registrar, Eileen Freeman.
- If your child is sick, we realize they may need to stay home, if they are sick more than a day or two and you take them to the doctor, then please ask for a note that can be sent to school
- If your child is absent for 3 days, teachers are reaching out to get more information and to see how the school can help
- Vacations are not excused absences; however, we highly encourage you to notify the school prior to going and take the schoolwork on the trip. We will allow the work to be made up so that your child’s report card is not impacted by missing assignments
- Not only are absences causing missed instruction, but so are excessive tardiness and being checked out early. Many grade levels start the day with Reading and when your child is late to class, they are missing the most valuable subject that helps unlock all other learning. The final bell in the morning rings at 9:20 so please help your child have a good start to their day by arriving on time
- The School District does partner with the State Attorney to address excessive UNEXCUSED absences. If the school is not able to address the issues and increase attendance, then this is the next step. This is not the path that we want to take, and it is used as a last resort.
- If you need help making a plan, which will get your child to school and/or be on time, please reach out to our school Social Worker, Bernadette Taggart. She can help with resources and brainstorm ideas.
Thank you for your support and know that we need your partnership to ensure every single student makes the educational gains needed at Cypress this year.
Save the Date! Family Holiday Night is Wednesday, December 7th!
Click here to view specific grade level parent information for our English/Language Arts Curriculum.
Lost and Found
Special PTO planning meeting for Family Holiday Night scheduled for Thursday 11-10-22 at 4 PM.
Join us for our next monthly PTO Meeting on Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 4 PM in the Media
Unable to attend in person? Don’t worry!
A zoom link is available, please email CypressCubsPTO@gmail.com for the link.
Haven’t joined the PTO for 2022-2023? It’s never too late and there are no requirements once signed up! You can be as involved as you would like! Join through Rycor at any time!
November Popcorn Days (You can purchase your Popcorn Pass on Rycor)
November 4 Primary Popcorn
November 11 Intermediate Popcorn
Cypress Business and Community Partners
We would like to thank the following members of our Cypress Community for partnering with us. Through donations from the community; our students, staff, and families benefit from necessary resources for a successful school year!
Mamma Mia Pizzeria, New Port Richey
Sam's New York Pizza
Banko Garage Doors
Pasco Education Foundation
Janet Litzel and Friends
Heart to Heart Women's Group
The O'Connell Family
Pasco County Property Appraisers Office
River Ridge McDonald's
Nifty Niners Golf Association