RMS Weekly Event Calendar
March 12 - March 16
What's going on at RMS?
You have the ability to make each day the BEST day. You have the choice to be better than you were the day before. Your willingness and desire to become better shows up in your decisions, actions, and attitudes.
It is easy to become complacent and be satisfied with where you are. As Jim Collins states in his book, Good to Great, "Good is the enemy of great." Why? He explains that "When we have good schools, businesses, and good government, we are prone to accept that level of quality as sufficient." Are you satisfied with where you are? Are you okay with being good...not great? Do you want to be better tomorrow than you were today?
To create a better school, we have to create a better US! What if we all committed to be better each day than we were the day before? How would our students benefit if we improved a little each day? How would the success of our school improve if every member of our staff determined to be better today than they were the day before?
Just remember, there is no better day than TODAY to be the best YOU! You deserve it, your family deserves, and your students deserve it!
RMS Mentoring Schedule
This week we will continue the unit on GRIT! Students will learn what GRIT is and why they need it to be successful. The lessons will lend themselves to group discuss and sharing of ideas.
Monday - Got GRIT? - Lesson 2 - Students will begin working through Lesson 2 of the GRIT curriculum. Try to get about halfway through Lesson 2 PowerPoint.
Tuesday - Got GRIT? - Lesson 2 - Students will finish working through Lesson 2 of the GRIT curriculum.
Wednesday - Got GRIT? - Lesson 3 - Students will begin working through Lesson 3 of the GRIT curriculum. Try to get about halfway through the Lesson 3 PowerPoint today.
Thursday - Got GRIT? - Lesson 3 - Students will finish working through Lesson 3 of the GRIT curriculum.
Friday - Got GRIT? - Lesson 4 - Students will work through Lesson 4 of the GRIT curriculum.
Monday, March 12
- RMS Tennis vs. Florence Middle School - Away - 4:00 p.m.
- RMS Baseball vs. Lawrence County - Away - 4:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday, March 13
- RMS Tennis vs. Deshler (girls only) - Home - 3:30 p.m.
- RMS Softball vs. Lawrence County - Away - 4:30 p.m. - Double Header
Wednesday, March 14
- Make-Up Wellness Screenings - 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. This is for those who missed the wellness screening in the fall. You must schedule an appointment for a screening.
- Book Study - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your scheduled instructional period.
- Faculty Meeting - Media Center - Immediately after school
Thursday, March 15
- Report Cards - Report cards will be given to students during 7th period during the mentoring period.
- RMS Tennis vs. Hartselle (boys only) - Home - 4:00 p.m.
- RMS Softball vs. Deshler - Home - 4:30 p.m. - Double Header
Friday, March 16
- RMS Baseball vs. Haleyville - Home - 4:30 p.m. & 6:30 p.m.