Weekly updates for our Collins families.
February 13, 2023
To view this newsletter in a different language, click on the
Translate Newsletter button located in the black box or black circle to the right of your screen.
Para ver este boletín en un idioma diferente, haga clic en el botón
Traducir Boletín ubicado en el cuadro negro o circulo negro en la parte derecha de pantalla.
February 13 & 14th: St. Davids Dental Van Visits
February 13: Reading Benchmark Testing
February 14: Classroom Valentines Parties
February 15: Classroom Pictures
February 17: No School
February 20: No School
February 28: PTA Meeting
Celebrating Black History Month
Black History Month celebrates the achievements of African Americans and recognizes the prominent role of African Americans in U.S. history. Black History Month, created by American Historian Carter G. Woodson, originally began as Negro History Week. Since 1976, every U.S. President has officially designated the month of February as Black History Month.
We will be recognizing Black History Month throughout our school and in the classrooms.
- Weekly feature in morning announcements created by the student announcement team.
- Library lesson during the month of February
- Sharing the story and history of our namesake, Newton Collins with students during grade level assemblies this month.
- Presentation of the Pan-African flag during grade level assemblies.
- Grade level lessons planned by classroom teachers.
Collins Elementary Needs Substitutes
For more information, please click the following link. Apply today!
DVISD VISITOR AND VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES
Visitors & Volunteer Guidelines
- Pre-approved volunteers will be permitted at campuses, specific to campus needs
- Volunteers must complete the district volunteer application and DPS background check form available in every Collins Parent Newsletter (see below)
- The form can be dropped off at your child’s school.
- A background check is required for all volunteers.
- Volunteers will follow the direction of campus administration while on campus
- A “hug zone” will be established at elementary campuses in order for parents to say goodbye and send students to their classrooms.
- Parents will not be permitted to attend lunch at school with their students
- Campuses will host in-person on-campus events outside of school hours
Parent and community volunteers are integral to our school’s success. There are many ways for you to get involved in our community. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
All on-campus volunteers and parent chaperones for field trips MUST complete a background check and volunteer application. This takes awhile to process so complete yours now!
Please complete the forms below and email to email@example.com
English Volunteer Survey:
Spanish Volunteer Survey: