WEEK 27 AGENDA
READ 100 MINUTES A WEEK. IT IS SUGGESTED THE STUDENTS READ 20 MINUTES A NIGHT FOR 5 NIGHTS.
Students may have homework coming home throughout the week from small group Champs.
Monday- SPELLING TEST SIGNED AND RETURNED DUE TUESDAY
Spelling: find and write 5 words to follow the pattern: -ous at the end of a word.
Social Studies: Bring an item from home that is a want or a need. Due Tuesday.
Tuesday-Mrs. Adair's Library Day.
Wednesday- Mrs. Ballenger's Library Day.
Draw a picture of a plant and describe what it needs in order to survive.
Thursday- Ms. Buchmiller's Library Day. Mrs. Zembower's library day
Wear Spirit Wear
WEEKEND- ENJOY YOUR 3 DAY WEEKEND :)
WHAT ARE WE LEARNING ABOUT?
MATH: Relating plane shapes to solid figures.
SCIENCE: Designing Plant Packages. Over the next few weeks, students will be learning about the physical characteristics of plants and using that knowledge to design and improve a plant package.
Throughout this unit, students will show their learning by:
- describing, comparing, and illustrating physical characteristics plants
- describing what a plant needs in order to survive
- collecting, organizing and recording data showing plant growth
- drawing and recording seed and plant observations
- defining a simple problem and finding solutions
- communicating scientific explanations and valid conclusions
We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. You can support your child’s learning by talking with your child about this unit and encouraging her/him to ask questions and think hard.
We are looking forward to seeing our second graders bloom during this unit!
If you would like to donate materials, we will need:
- plastic cups
- 2-liter plastic bottle, empty
- juice carton, cardboard
- soup can (unopened)
- plastic fruit or vegetable container
- plastic milk or juice container with handle
- spray bottle of cleaning material
- cereal box
- package with tamper resistant seal
- egg carton
- microwave dinner
- mailing box with foam "peanuts"
- roll of aluminum foil or plastic wrap
- "take out" container from restaurant
- cosmetics in their original packaging
- show box with tissue paper and other packaging
- soap dispenser
LANGUAGE ARTS/SOCIAL STUDIES:
- Spelling Pattern: -ous at the end of a word. HFW: certain, field, hundred, environment
- Grammar: Combining predicates in a sentence.
- Skill: Sequence of events and compare & contrast
- Writing: compare and contrast
APPS TO DOWNLOAD
Kakooma Addition: practice addition facts through puzzles.
Sushi Monster: practice Math facts
Hangman By Spice: practice spelling through a fun interactive game