February 8, 2016
Third Grade Assessment
From the Art Department
Doyle Student's Art Exhibit
Mrs. Schubert and Mrs. Casey are proud to announce that for the month of February, artwork from Doyle students will be displayed at yogurtree in the Barn Plaza shopping center (between Marshall’s and Kohl’s) in Doylestown. The public is invited to come during the month of February to see Doyle art work on display. There is also an Art Reception at yogurtree for students, family and friends which will be on Wednesday, February 10th , 6:30-7:30pm. Please come check out fabulous Doyle art!!
The following students have artwork displayed:
Grade 1- Gavin George, Orin Sheaffer, William Kramer
Grade 2: Noah Gerstein, Claire Collins
Grade 3: Addison Detweiler, Karaleigh Schmidt
Grade 4: DJ Vessichelli, Cara Ricciardi, Clara Castor, Dylan Cooper, Alyssa Cooke, Cooper Tyksinski, Thomas Taber,Lillian Rasnake, Gabriella Gaglio-Gonzalez
Grade 5: Allison Mackwish, Lorelai Smiley
Grade 6: Katie Schmidt, Devin Langford
Art Show at Rep. Marguerite Quinn's Office
Congratulations to the following Doyle artists for participating in the Exhibition at Representative Quinn’s District office. The show opens on Thursday, February 18th from 5:30PM-7:00PM and will also include work from the Bucks County Intermediate Unit. The work will be on display from February 1 (Monday) through February 26th (Friday)
Nyla Davis, Michael vanBastelaar, Tyler Ransome, Lucas Matejka, Anderson Brexler, Tyler Mulcahy, Mariela Plaka, Ethan Poirot, Mia Notaro, Jack Williams, Nicholas Piccillo,
Jack Casale, Gabriella Wambold, Anthony Pineno, Bowen Gugger, Phoebe Notaro, Leynah Kreisler, Annabel Bower, Julie Soler, Chloe Case, Jillian Melson, Charlotte McMackin,
Kevin Cavalluzzo, Emmie Williams, Avery Anderson, Gianna Miller, Ryan Bender, Mairead Donaher, Josey Pasquarella, Sophie Poirot, Nathan Loss.
Innovative Learning Grant for Mrs. Siegle
Innovative Learning Grant check presentation to Ms. Corrigan (Linden ES) and Ms. Siegle (Doyle ES) for their collaborative Little Free Library project. Students from CB West’s woodworking class will also contribute to the project.
Linden and Doyle Elementary schools will be the first schools to have an on-site Little Free Library.
There are currently 30 Little Free Libraries in and about Doylestown.
Dear Central Bucks Elementary School Parents and Guardians,
Network of Victim’s Assistance, or NOVA, is a valuable resource for our school district and the community, offering resources and personal safety education programs. They have presented to our students for almost 20 years. NOVA will once again be bringing their cyberbullying prevention program to all Central Bucks 5th grade students this January and February.
Please join us for a parent informational session on
on Wednesday, February 10th, at 7:00 pm
at Groveland Elementary School,
100 North Easton Road,
Doylestown, PA 18901.
Parents and guardians of students in all elementary grade levels are invited. The snow date is Thursday, March 3rd.
Topics will include:
· An overview of the NOVA cyberbullying prevention program presented to 5th graders on January 27th (Thanks to our Home and School, NOVA will also present to Doyle fourth and sixth grade students this spring.)
· Current trends in Social Media, free message Apps, and online gaming
· Examples, tips for parents, and Q&A with Detective Sergeant Dante Montella, Warwick Township Police Department
We hope you will join us for this important presentation.
FAMILY PACER CHALLENGE
Friday, February 12, 2016
Come and experience the PACER at our 1st Family PACER Challenge Night at Doyle! You can do your part to be heart smart, enjoy exercising with your family, and get oriented to the fitness assessment called the PACER (Progressive Aerobic Cardiovascular Endurance Run). This mandatory fitness assessment for grades 3-6 involves running continuously between 2 points that are 15 meters apart from side to side to recorded beeps.
This school year, we are going to pilot this evening to a target audience, 3rd through 6th grade students and parents, as an orientation to this fun, heart healthy activity.
From Home and School
IRun4Life is Back!
IRun4Life is a fun, noncompetitive running program for boys and girls designed to promote fitness and healthy lifestyles with your children. IRun4Life focuses on exercise, healthy nutrition, and doing good deeds in our community.
- Training will start Tuesday, March 22, 2016, with our goal race being the iRun4Life Kids Only 3K, May 15, 2016. We will combine dynamic warm ups, relay races, endurance running and discussions about healthy nutrition.
Key features of the iRun4Life program include:
- MILES RUN- Each runner can record their mileage on the iRun4Life.com database. Simply go into the website, click on the banner “Login,” complete the student login, and input the number of miles you ran each day.
- GOOD DEEDS - Good deeds include extra help around the house, helping friends and teachers at school, helping in your community, etc. Each runner can input their Good Deeds in the database after they input their miles run.
- GOAL RACE – Our goal race is the iRun4Life Kids Only 3K on Sunday, May 15, 2016
- RUNNING WITH YOUR PARENTS – Each child can record double mileage if they run with a parent or guardian.
IRun4Life is open to K through 6th grades. We will practice on Tuesdays, starting March 22, through May 10th - Rain or Shine! There is a $20 fee per child ($10.00 for students enrolled in the Community School After Care program) to help defray the cost of t-shirts, incentives and healthy snacks.
Please register your children online. This registration includes the waiver, as well as all student information. It’s very easy to sign up online:
- Please go to www.iRun4Life.com to complete the registration process:
- Go to Sign In
- Then to Parent Log-in to create a login and password
- Register your child
- Send your payment (cash or check) made out to DHSA. Please send your fee to your child’s homeroom teacher or office no later than March 1, 2016. After that date, registration will be closed.
Please note, this does not register your child for the iRun4Life 3 k on May 15.
We are also looking for parent volunteers to be coaches, help with handing out snacks, traffic guards and extra runners for the teams. You do not need to be a runner to be a volunteer! If interested, please indicate you want to be a volunteer on your on-line registration form.
Please note: All volunteers must have all Central Bucks Clearances completed and submitted to: iRun4Life. (Please see iRun4Life website for upload instructions).
If you want your child to become active, have fun and learn about exercise and healthy nutrition, then please join us for iRun4Life! Thank you. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us!!!
Nikki Shissler and Nicole Reichner
Preliminary Box-Top Count
So far, we have the following Box Top Counts from our students:
1 - Sheehan: 800 plus 32 bonus points
2 - Strohl: 517 plus 5 bonus points
3 - Hastings: 497 plus 47 bonus points
4 - Blair: 478 plus 36 bonus points
5 - Rittenhouse: 450 plus 8 bonus points
6 - Scala: 354
7 - Kille: 350
8 - Popma: 331
9 - Denton: 318 plus 19 bonus points
10 - Doyle: 264
11 - Westcott PM: 259
12 - Gunning: 243 plus 61 bonus points
13 - Westcott AM: 206 plus 10 bonus points
14 - McPhee: 172 plus 13 bonus points
15 - Rush: 150 plus 11 bonus points
16 - Siegle: 116 plus 4 bonus points
17 - Levy: 74 plus 4 bonus points
18 - Cirulli: 46 plus 7 bonus points
19 - Wong: 30 points
20 - Michener: 25 points
Please remember to send in your Box Tops by February 24!
BonTon Community Booklets Are Back
The Community Day booklet is filled with great savings coupons and exclusive offers!
Take advantage of:
- $10 off a regular or sale price item of $10 or more. Valid in-store only.
- Up to 30% off a single regular or sale price item. Valid in-store only.
- Up to 25% off a regular and sale price purchase.
- Up to 30% off an online purchase of regular and sale price merchandise. Valid online only.
- $25 off select women's dresses.
- Over 30% off fine watches.
- 55% off kids' playwear....
- and much more
Exclusions apply; see booklet for details. 100% of booklet sales benefit Doyle Elementary School!
Booklets are available in the office. Thank you for your support.
CB Cares Backpack 2015
February 8: Winter Enrichment Classes start
February 10: Progress reports visible on parent portal, Kindergarten progress reports distributed
February 10: NOVA Parent Presentation on Cyberbullying at Groveland Elementary, 7:00 PM
February 12: Family Pacer Challenge, 6:30 PM - 8:00 PM
February 15: No School, Presidents' Day
February 17: Avenue of the Arts, grades 2 (6:30 PM) and 3 (7:30 PM)
February 18: Parent Positive Presentation: Growing Healthy Together: Tips to Live Healthier as a Family @ Lenape MS, 7:00 PM
Looking Ahead - Mark Your Calendar
March 5: Family Fun Night at YMCA
March 9: Operation Helping Hand
March 9: K'Nex Competition for grades 4 & 5 at BCIU
March 10: K'Nex Competition for grade 6 at BCIU
March 11: Early Dismissal at 11:55 AM
March 12: Parent Positive Presentation: Resilient Kids at YMCA
March 22: Kindergarten Report Cards
March 23 - 29: No Kindergarten (conferences and Easter break)
March 24, 25 & 28: No School
March 31: Human Growth & Development, Grade 4