CSA Lincoln Newsletter
Friday, May 4th
Principal's Notes and Highlights
We have had a great week at CSA Lincoln!
- Mrs. Chasidy Aldrich (Kindergarten) received the William and Sally Hanley Excellence in Teaching Award at the K-2 Town Hall Meeting this morning! She is most deserving of this award. I've included a video below of the announcement. We kept it a surprise!
- Today was May, 4th and we celebrated Star Wars! Thanks to all who dressed up and channeled their inner Yoda!
- One of my favorite days of the year is happening next Wednesday. We will be participating in Bike to School Day! You can drop off your rider no earlier than 7:00 a.m. at the Mill Race Park parking lot. We depart at 7:30 a.m. and parents are encouraged to ride with their students, but it is not required. This is always a very well attended event and we are lengthening our route to include one lap of Mill Race before heading down 5th Street. Police will be on hand to help with traffic. Our rain date will be Friday, May 11th. I will send an email out on Tuesday afternoon if it looks like we will need to reschedule. ALL STUDENTS MUST WEAR A HELMET.
- Bike to School Day is just one of many opportunities to participate in a healthy lifestyle this month. Take a look at all the opportunities available in the Bike Month Calendar
- We will be heading to Donner Park on the last day of school for the annual Husky Field Day! Information is attached in this newsletter for you to view. Shawna Netser will be organizing the event again.
- Congratulations to sixth grade students who achieved the Mayor's Work Ethic Certificate. Mayor Lienhoop spoke to the recipients and their parents at a reception this past Thursday. We hope to have more participate next year.
- Mrs. Aldrich's class chose to participate in an obstacle as their ISTEP week prize for following expectations. I've included a video of Rocklyn and a few photos of her classmates going through it.
- Playground equipment continues to arrive. They are making great progress!
Have a great weekend!
Star Wars Day!
Bike to School Day Route- Wednesday, May 9th
Mayor's Work Ethic Certificate Achievement
Mayor Lienhoop spoke with 6th Graders for the MWEC!
Kindergarten Obstacle Course
Looking Ahead- Put these dates on your calendar!
- May 5th- Shipley/Sparks Wedding
- May 12th- Literacy Festival (see flyer)
- May 17-18th 6th Grade Chicago Trip
- May 25th- Kindergarten Promotion- 1 pm
- May 29th- "Move Up" Day (More details to come next Friday)
- May 29th- 6th Grade Promotion- 10 a.m.
- May 29th- CSA Graduation Walk (HS students)- 11 a.m.
- May 30th- Last Student Day @ Donner Park- We will need volunteers!
Colts Play 60 Challenge at CSA Lincoln!
Colts Play 60 Challenge at CSA Lincoln!
As part of the Colts Play 60 Challenge, Colts Youth Football is bringing their interactive camp to CSA Lincoln (CMS football field). On the morning of May 8th, students in grades 2nd-5th will be invited to come participate in the Big Blue Football Camp. In order to participate, each students will need a signed release on file. If you have not turned in your form, you must fill out a paper copy, as the online link has expired. Every student must have one to participate. If you wish to volunteer for the event, please contact Mrs. Netser at email@example.com
Husky Gram Winners
SchoolKidz Supply Kit Program
Great News! This year we will be offering the SchoolKidz Supply Kit Program.
SchoolKidz offers prepackaged, school supply kits filled with the exact supplies requested by your child’s teacher. Kits are offered per grade level and arrive personally with the student’s school, name, and grade before Open House night, so you are ready for next year. You can order via the order form coming home this week or order online at: www.shopttkits.com and school acct #30658. Skip the lines this summer. Order your supplies with SchoolKidz! Send questions to CSA Lincoln PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calling All Artists!
Hello CSA Lincoln Families!
We are currently looking for local artists to participate in this year’s Art Show! We would love to find several artists with a wide range of artistic talents to perform “live demonstrations” during our Art Show in May.
If you have a relative, neighbor, friend, etc. who has an artistic skill that they would like to share with our students, please have them email Mrs. Blackerby at email@example.com.
THANK YOU to everyone who came out for our Star Wars Bowling Night! We had a blast and hope you did too! We were able to raise $440 dollars to be used to help support our students and staff in the 2018-2019 school year!
Box Tops Expiration Date -
Unfortunately, the next Box Tops expiration date is 6/30/18 which means that you may have some at home that will expire over summer break. Please continue to turn in your Box Tops through the end of the school year so that we can make sure to get them submitted and not have to throw them away in the fall. There's nothing sadder than a pile of expired Box Tops!
Don't be afraid, it's just an email...
As we come to the end of the 2017-2018 school year, there are many times and ways that we need parent volunteers to help out with school events. We do send some of these requests via FB posts and this newsletter, but a good majority of the time the requests go out by email to those who have requested to be on the PTO email list. PTO email is a great NO PRESSURE way to learn about these opportunities and jump in where you can, if you can, in whatever capacity you can. If you don't have the time or resources to participate in one opportunity simply DELETE the email and maybe the next opportunity will be one you can get involved with. We LOVE our parent volunteers and couldn't pull off all of the fun stuff we do without you so if you aren't currently on the PTO email list but would like to change that, send us your request to be added to firstname.lastname@example.org!
From the School Counselor's Desk- Attendance
We would like to remind you the importance of being present at school every day. BCSC has a goal of 98% attendance for all students. At CSA Lincoln we are making an effort to succeed in achieving this goal.
Letters have been sent out in the last couple of months to students with attendance concerns.
To help your child keep a good attendance record, we are asking you to contact the school every time a child is going to be absent and provide doctor’s notes when applicable.
If you have any concerns or questions please contact Mrs. Thompson, our school counselor at email@example.com or 812-376-4447.
For more information on attendance you can check page 06 of our student handbook available on the following link. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_FhiFWQmV-1Q2tWUFczaW4tV3c/view
CSA Lincoln on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter
Facebook: CSA Lincoln Community
Click here for directions on how to receive text message updates from Mr. Findley