Gables Weekly Summary
Masks are optional as of Tuesday (3/8/22)
Masks are now optional for students and staff in Columbus City Schools. Any person who wants to continue wearing a mask is welcome to do so. Wearing masks is no longer required for everyone in all cases.
However we will continue restricting visitors, keeping small groups and frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer, and students will continue to have access to masks if they want them.
If your child tests positive for COVID-19, they are still required to quarantine at home for 5 days. If their symptoms are better after that time and they do not have a fever, they may return to school and they must wear a mask for the first 5 days back at school. This means they are quarantined for 5 days and masked for 5 days = 10 days total. If they are not improving after the first 5 days, they should NOT return to school, even if they are wearing a mask.
If someone in your household has tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have any questions, please contact Nurse Carpenter at email@example.com. Language translation services are available if you need them - please indicate your preferred language when you email her.
12 Most Dangerous Apps for Your Child " Recap of Virtual Family Engagement session(Tues, Mar 8)".
4. Yik Yak
5. Among Us
10. Vault apps
Recordings of past presentations are available here.
Registration for baseball, softball and tee ball is open (Columbus Recreation & Parks)
TEE BALL | $35 | Age 4–6
COACH-PITCH | $45 | Age 7–9
MAJOR BASEBALL | $55 | Age 10–13
FASTPITCH SOFTBALL | $55 | Age 10–13
PONY BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL | $60 | Age 14–17
Summer Opportunities and Engagement Series Session #2-Recap
During the presentation on March 10, community partners presented summer opportunities during the second presentation:
Girl Scouts of Ohio's Heartland (GSOH)
- Ohio State School for the Deaf
- Adaptive Sports Connection https://adaptivesportsconnection.org/board-staff/ or call 6143893921
- Ohio State University Extension, Franklin County 4-H Clubs
- Thurber House https://www.thurberhouse.org/
- Cleveland Cavaliers - Cavs Youth Sports https://www.cavsyouth.com/
- Be WISE Camp https://bewisecamp.org/ or email Becky at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law & Leadership Institute
- Grange Insurance Audubon Center https://grange.audubon.org/
2022 Summer Experience Frequently Asked Questions
March is Woman's History Month.
Here are some resources that might interest you and your family:
Day light saving (Mar 13) Move clocks one hour ahead!
Perseverance is difficult for Gators of all ages - families and students alike! Here's how to encourage young kids to persevere: https://www.today.com/parenting-guides/here-s-how-encourage-young-children-persevere-t177117
Don't forget to order your yearbook. You can order online, too, by using the keyword GBLYB. You will enter this keyword at http://marcophotoservice.com/ on the school and sports photography side under "new order 2021-2022". After you select the Yearbook Option you can then Increase the quantity before you check out. Order online before 03/28/2022.
Notify the Office for Absences To Be Excused
- The best way to report an absence is to email email@example.com.
- Please email every day your child is absent to ensure a complete record. Include any doctor's school excuse notes if you seek medical help.
- If you prefer to call, call 1-380-997-6025 and leave a message. Avoid calling the main school line - it's extremely busy in the mornings! Leaving a detailed message is acceptable.
*** Gators Got Talent ***
- Introduce yourself - include your name, grade, and classroom;
- Show your stuff! Record and submit up to 2 minutes of video.
All videos will be presented in an online Talent Show Extravaganza Zoom on the evening of April 13th. Dust off your talent maker, and mark your calendars now!
Remember! Today is the Last day to order flowers The on-line sale ends at 11:59pm
CCS Enrollment Periods for 2022 - 2023 School Year
- Kindergarten Enrollment is open now - https://www.ccsoh.us/enroll
- School Choice for elementary schools is open now through March 31. Apply in the Parent Portal.
BlendED enrollment (CCS online school) and the middle school choice lottery are now closed.
Gables and Community Events Next Week
March Pathway Express: North Market
- Special Scavenger Hunt;
- Book signing and reading from Brian Weisfeld, author of “The Startup Squad;”
- Giveaways from Local Merchants (while supplies last); and
- Resources and support from the CCS Family Engagement team and local partners.
Gables PTA Meeting
Monday, March 14th, 6:30-7:30pm
This is an online event.
CCS Summer Experience Registration Opens Tue 3/15/2022 (All day)!
Virtual Family Engagement Sessions
Tuesday, March 15 - CCS Summer Experience
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. RSVP: https://www.ccsoh.us/rsvp
It’s time to sign up for six week of ultimate summer fun and learning! The 2022 CCS Summer Experience starts in June and it’s FREE to all Columbus City Schools students (K-12). This year’s Summer Experience has expanded to include new and familiar project-based learning opportunities. During our Tuesday Virtual Family Engagement Session, we will preview the hands-on enrichment opportunities that will challenge students to continue growing as learners.
Thursday, March 17 - Summer Opportunities Session #3
6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. RSVP (encouraged but not required): https://www.ccsoh.us/rsvp
We’ve got more opportunities for your child to have a fun and engaging summer. No matter what part of town you live in or what types of interests your child has, there are summer opportunities for every student to stay active and safe. Every Thursday evening in March, our Family Engagement team will spotlight different community partners and organizations across our city who offer special summer-time opportunities for CCS students, including day camps, field trips, academic learning, and fun activities that are free. This Thursday’s Virtual Family Engagement Session will focus on summer opportunities for our students with exceptionalities, including Special Education, Gifted & Talented, and English as a Second Language.
St. Patrick's Day ( Thursday March, 17 )
Northwest Columbus Summer Camp Corner
Camp Registrations Currently Open
Several are in waitlist status - check your favorites here:
Upcoming Camp Registrations
- CCS Summer Experience - Mar 15
- Metro Parks, Franklin County Residents - Mar 15 @ 9am
- City of Dublin Summer Camps, Residents - Mar 17 @ 6am
- Columbus Children's Theatre (McConnell Art Center) - TBD
Feb 28- March 4: Reading Week
9: No school
13: Daylight Savings- Move clocks 1 hour ahead.
14 : PTA Meeting @ 6:30 pm
22 : End of quarter 3
23: No school
25: **NEW DATE** Spring student pictures
The calendar is continuously updated to ensure changes are reflected. Such changes may not be reflected above as older weekly summaries are archived & not maintained. To get the most accurate information at any time, click the heading above or click here.
About Gables Elementary School
Attendance Phone Number: 1-380-997-6025
PTA email: firstname.lastname@example.org
FACTline Email: email@example.com
FACTline Phone Number: 614-221-FACT (614-221-3228)
Customer Relations Phone Number: (614) 365-8888
Customer Relations Email: firstname.lastname@example.org