By Olivia Simpson
Clostridium Botulinium AKA Botulism
* Can be spread through food, wounds, or if a person ingests the toxins
* If left untreated it may cause paralysis. In food borne botulism symptoms can last for at least 10 days
* Can be treated with an antitoxin.
* Wound Botulism can be treated by removing the surface of the toxins and using antibiotics.
* Food borne Botulism can be treated by inducing vomiting or using enemas.
* Named after the Latin word for sausage "botulus"
* Some nations produced botulism in World War 2 as a bacteriological weapon.