The Gemini Project
The Gemini project was a project had four main goals; to test an astronaut's ability to fly long duration missions ( for up to two weeks), to further understand the effects of longer space flights on astronauts, to understand how spacecraft could dock while in orbit around the Earth and the moon, and also to perfect reentry and landing methods. This is important because it helps Nasa keep astronauts safe and secure while in space and while landing and taking off.
The Apollo mission
The Apollo project was intended for;
- Establishing the technology to meet other national interests in space
- Achieving preeminence in space for the United States
- Carrying out a program of scientific exploration of the Moon
- Developing man's capability to work in the lunar environment
The world's first artificial satellite was about the size of a beach ball, and weighed only 83.6 kg. or 183.9 pounds. It took about 98 minutes to orbit the Earth on its elliptical path. Sputnik is important because it put Russia in front of the U.S. in the space race by launching the first satellite into orbit.
- International space station
Space is out of this world!!
This, in my opinion, is the most significant apollo mission just because it landed the first person on the moon.
The International Space Station