12 Days of Twitter Challenge
Complete the Challenge and Leave at 2:00 pm on a Wednesday!
As if opening the door to the world to connect with thousands of other educators is not enough, folks who choose to complete the 12 Days of Twitter Challenge and complete the survey at the end of the challenge (listed at bottom of flyer) you will be awarded to leave on a Wednesday of your choice that doesn't fall on a building or a district day! How great is that!
Roll up those sleeves and lets get going!
Great Link to Help with Twitter Questions as you take on the 12 Days of Twitter Challenge
Below is a great link with various additional links to support the twitter newbie! Click around, dive in! If you still have additional questions there are plenty of people willing to help!
Building Your PLN
Day 1: Wednesday December 2nd
Day 1 Challenge: Create an account, Change Profile Pic, Find Other Tweeters!
Part 1 of Day 1:
If you don't already have your very own twitter account, your first challenge is to create your OWN account. You will need to have your own account to participate in this challenge! If you are already on Twitter you are halfway complete with the first challenge!
Part 2 of Day 1:
If you have already joined twitter with your own account, your challenge is to update your profile picture so it is not an "egg". No one wants to tweet with an egg.
Part 3 of Day 1:
- Go to the hastag #12daysoftwitter
- There you will find other twitter people looking to add to their Personal Learning Network (PLN)
- Compose a tweet introducing yourself, your position, and that you are looking to build your PLN. Don't forget to use the #12daysoftwitter and #GCISLearns
- Scroll through the hashtag #12daysoftwitter to find others to follow. Of course if there are still people you need to follow on our staff make sure and follow them!
For additional resources about establishing a PLN click HERE
Day 4: Sunday December 6th
Below are options for you to pick from at how you might participate in the twitter chat using the #IAedchat
Participate in #IAedchat tonight starting at 8pm. This chat goes for an hour. There are various ways you can participate in the chat they include...
- Lurking: Just observing, (still introducing yourself to the group)
- Partial Participation: Responding to some of the questions using (A1-A8) When responding to the questions place A1 for your answer to Q1. The moderator will use the format of (Q1-Q8) when posting the questions.
- Full Participation: Responding to all the questions posted. Also interacting with others comments on the questions.
Once you are ready to jump in: Introduce yourself to the group (name, where you are from, and title) use the #IAedchat The chat begins right away at 8pm with about 5-7 minutes of introductions.
Here are 2 Chats happening on Sunday Nights worth participating in. Either one will do as you work on completing Day 4 Challenge.
#IAedchat 8:00-9:00 pm Sunday Nights
#TMchat 9:00-10:00 pm Sunday Nights
*Or find another option from the list of chats happening that night that meets your needs better from the options below.
Click HERE for a list of all the educational twitter chats! There's something out there for everyone! Check it out!