February 25, 2018
DI Competition @ McMurry
Our DI team took 4th place on Saturday. Their structure held over 146 pounds! Great job Ty, Dalton, Evelynne, and Cash!
4th Six Weeks Soaring Eagles
An outstanding group of young people representing BJH!
6th Grader - Nevan Osburn
Nevan and "Mr. Ashley" took 2nd place in the cross-class in San Antonio this last week! Great Job!
DI Competition @ McMurry
Tuesday, February 27th
- BJH Track meet at Tolar 3:30 p.m. (301 Rock Church Hwy, Tolar, TX) order of events
- Report Cards home (delay due to weather last week)
- Eagles Basketball Regional Quarter Finals vs. Jim Ned at Cisco 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, March 1st
- Lady Eagles State Game @3:00 p.m. (see details below)
Friday, March 2nd
- Dr. Seuss Birthday
- Texas Independence Day
Monday, March 5th
- 8th-grade reading benchmark
- Spring Pictures
- JH Track at Kennedale
Tuesday, March 6th
- Voting day
- 8th-grade math benchmark
Wednesday, March 7th
- 7th and 8th grade to Amon Carter
Thursday, March 8th
- UIL Concert and Sight Reading contest
Friday, March 9th
- Progress Reports home
Lady Eagles State Basketball Tournament
Thursday, March 1st, 3pm
100 Montana Street
San Antonio, TX
Thursday, March 1st @ 3:00 pm
Brock (32-6) vs. Mt. Vernon (26-9)
Location: San Antonio Alamodome
3A Championship Game
10:00 am Saturday, March 3rd
Semi-Final game tickets will go on sale on Tuesday at 8:00 am at Brock High School.
Ticket Prices for the Semi-Final game will be $16 if purchased at BHS...$19 if purchased at the gate. Children under 2 years of age will be admitted free (if they do not occupy a seat).
STAAR Testing Dates
7th grade Writing
5th & 8th grade Math
April 11th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Reading
May 7th - 11th
Algebra EOC - testing window - specific day TBD
May 14th - Monday
5th & 8th grade Math retest
6th & 7th grade Math
May 15th - Tuesday
5th & 8th grade Reading retest
6th & 7th grade Reading
May 16th - Wednesday
5th & 8th grade Science
May 17th - Thursday
8th grade History
**Please note that campus will be closed on testing days for all visitors. Plan accordingly for doctor/dentist appointments as students will not be removed from the testing classrooms for dismissal.**
Eagle Garden - something we are working toward.....
Our primary goal of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center is to enrich the curriculum and support project-based and experiential learning. We are currently in the planning phase of the Eagle Outdoor Learning Center but would welcome any community support to help get this off the ground and to fruition by the start of next school year. Click here for more information or feel free to direct questions/ideas/support to Nancy Beaty @ email@example.com
Dress Code Concerns
There are a few things that need to be specifically addressed that seem to be consistent:
- Boys: The biggest concern we see is boys that have long hair that extends below the eyebrow but they push it to the side so that it is not in front of their eyes. This is not in compliance with the policy. If the hair extends below the eyebrows then it is too long.
- Girls: There are lots of cute tops that are being worn that have large v-neck cuts that are showing the girls undergarments underneath. There should be no undergarment item showing on the young ladies.
The Dress Code Policy has not changed since last year, but if you need to reference it, click here and then scroll to page 37. If you have questions, please let us know.
Armed Forces Display
BJH Grading Policy
- Daily grades = 50%; tests/projects/major grades = 50%
- There will be a minimum of 8-10 daily grades each six weeks.
- There will be a minimum of 2-4 test/project/major grades each six weeks.
- Grades will be posted to parent portal no later than 1 week from the due date of the assignment
- Work missed as a result of an unexcused absence will receive a grade no higher than a 70.
*Individual teacher discretion regarding his/her late work policy.
BJH Lunch Times
5th grade: 10:55 a.m. - 11:25 a.m.
6th grade: 12:30 p.m. - 1;00 p.m.
7th grade: 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
8th grade 12:00 p.m. - 12:30 p.m.