Sunday School Update
Week of May 29th
Romans 12: 1-2 (NIV)
Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God - this is your spiritual act of worship. 2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.
True Spirituality - Chip Ingram
Chip Ingram describes Romans chapter 12 as an executive summary of what it means to be a disciple of Christ. Being a Romans 12 Christian is meant to be relational. This morning we began to contemplate our relationship with God and our relationship with the world according to Romans 12, verses 1 and 2.
As we move through the week, let's strive to read Romans 12 daily and pray that we let God's word speak to us so we can strengthen our relationship with Him.
New Prayer Requests
- Tim Jones will receive his CAT scan results Wednesday and will learn the next treatment steps.
- Shelia and Roni both requested prayer for work stresses.
- Scott requested prayer for his sister, Linda, as she is recovering from gall bladder surgery.
- Frank requested prayer for God's mercy to shown to Rob Greene.
- Kathy requested prayer for the Youth Minister from her former church as he has been diagnosed with kidney cancer.
- Dianne requested continued prayer for Phillip and Jennifer Taylor. Phillip will begin chemotherapy and radiation treatments in the coming weeks.
- Lowell requested prayer for his mother as she copes with the impending death of her brother.
Continue to Pray
- Search committee
- Our nation and its leaders
- Teresa Heatherly- left knee pain and issues at wor
- Emily's father- traveling mercies as he goes to Iowa to attend a family reunion
- Wayne and Nicole Miller have a new healthy baby and Wayne is doing better.
- Scott's back is better.