Pictures of the Week!
Thursday, May 26th- Farm Day
Friday, June 3rd- Field Day (Rain Date June 10th)
Monday, June 13th- Locks For Love Whole School Meeting
Wednesday, June 15th- End of Year Show
Friday, June 17th- Dads and Donuts
Monday & Tuesday, June 20th & 21st - Early Dismissal
Wednesday, June 22nd - Early Dismissal/Last Day of School
Info for Farm Day
- Dress your child in comfortable clothing (Farm Day Shirts will be going home next week!). They will be outside for a large part of the morning. Don't forget good walking shoes!
- Wear sunscreen- It looks like it's going to be sunny and hot!
- Pack a brown bag lunch that day! Farm Day ends with a grade level picnic outside!
- We would love all the help we can get with set up (7:45-8:30) and clean up (12:00-12:30).
- Played "What's the Rule" with the function machine.
- Talked about height and width with backpacks. We measured using unifix cubes.
- Compared weight and capacity
- Played Roll and Record (using addition)
- Did Farm Count the room where students had to answer math problems around the room.
We have been asking each other comprehension questions in small groups this week. We have asked questions such as what is your favorite part, what happened in the story, and can you make a connection to something in the story.
I will be submitting book orders on Sunday! Remember, book orders get us books for the class! (I've already used my points to get a handful of books, so thank you!)
REGISTER at www.scholastic.com/bookclubs
ENTER the class activation code LYXLB
CHOOSE from hundreds of print titles, award winning authors, value packs, and educational games and activities