A Place To Be Alive!
Leave Earth Now and Live at Kepler 452b!!
Kepler 452 is an exoplanet orbiting the G-class star Kepler- 452. It was identified by the Kepler space telescope and its discovery was announced on July 23 2015, according to NASA. Kepler 452b is the first Earth-like planet ever discovered orbiting an alien star within that body's habitable zone. Kepler 452 is considered Earth 2.0 or Earth's older cousin.The planet is 5 percent farther from its parent star Kepler-452 than Earth is from the Sun. Kepler-452 is 6 billion years old, 1.5 billion years older than our sun, has the same temperature, and is 20 percent brighter and has a diameter 10 percent larger. Kepler 452's length of a year is only 5% longer than earths, 20 days.
- Diameter of planet: 20,000km
- Length of a year (orbital period): 385 days
Average Temperature: 265 Kelvins
Distance from its Earth: 1,400 light years
Distance from its Sun: 97,603,597.35 miles
Length of Day: Data Unknown
Number of Moons: Data Unknown
Age on Planet: 16 years
452-b's star is the same temperature as our sun
Scientists believe it could have a thick cloud cover, oceans, and very active volcanoes
Kepler 452-b is 60% larger in diameter than earth
Problems and Solutions
- High gravity environment would lead to significant changes in the bodies-Over time we would adapt to the conditions, and perhaps become stockier over long period of generations
- Active volcanoes and vast oceans may lead to danger in environment- Understand the specific area and its particular features
- Surface Gravity is considerably larger then earth, making us twice as heavier- Get stronger because everyday could lead to a possible strength workout