HSE Tiger Tribune
October 18th - October 22nd
Any pink shirt (school appropriate) with uniform bottoms
R.E.A.C.H. for the Stars Logo Contest Extended to November 5th!
R.E.A.C.H. for the STARS LOGO competition is ON.
All K-8 students are invited to join!!!
1) Create your own design
2) Colorful (limit colors to 4-5 colors only)
3) Unique (don't use copyrighted designs)
4) Grades 6-8 - may use graphic design, drawing, painting
5) K-5 - may use drawing and painting
6) Design must be on white paper
7) Deadline to submit is November 5th at 11:59 pm.
8) May include the core values
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
HSE Flag Football remains undefeated after wins against IDEA (36-21) on Monday and Texas Serenity (25-14) today! Go Tigers!
Homeroom Parents Needed
Homeroom Parent Meeting!!!!
Being a Room Parent at HSE is a wonderful way to contribute to your child’s class. If you are interested in volunteering as a Room Parent for your child’s homeroom, please come to Room Parent Orientation on Thursday, Oct. 21st, 8 a.m. in the back awning. We will be serving breakfast! Please send any questions to email@example.com .
The following classrooms are in need of homeroom parents if you would like to sign up please join us tomorrow.
KC- Ms. Tina -------- 1A- Mrs. Wagner --------- 2A-Mrs. Beaumier ---------- 3B- Mrs. Vo
4B- Ms. Sierra ------4C- Ms. Shaieb -------- 5B- Ms. Massey --------- 5C- Ms. Canny ------ 6A- Ms. Unal
6B- Ms. Roberson --------- 6C- Mr. Klinski ---------- 6D- Mrs. Gupta --------- 7A- Ms. Mc Clinton
7C- Mr. Wolman --------- 7D-Ms. Farrar --------- 8A- Mrs. Dorsey --------- 8D- Ms. Coto
New Parent Volunteer System
Cool Weather is Coming!
No hooded jackets and sweaters are allowed to be brought to school. Preferably buy the Harmony School jacket.
While waiting on the arrival of Harmony jackets, students may wear a plain, dark colored jacket (black, navy blue, dark gray).
Label your students jacket include full name, grade and section.
Add this to your phone to stay up to date on all of our HSE events
Middle School Awards Ceremonies
Quarter 1 Middle School awards ceremonies will be held during lunch at 1:05 p.m.
6th Grade - Tuesday, October 26th
7th Grade - Wednesday, October 27th
8th Grade - Thursday, October 28th
Students will earn awards for both academic success as well as meeting character goals following our R.E.A.C.H. standards.
Middle School Incentive Program Celebrates Hard Work and Growth
We want to celebrate!
Our students work hard - and they deserve a little something to celebrate their successes. Your HSE middle school team has come up with some incentives for students to reward them for their accomplishments and academic growth over the year.
The following objectives have been set for students in each of their subjects to be met by February 17, 2022.Click here for details!
Drive Safely - for Your Kid and for Others
- Drive SLOWLY in our parking lot - slow enough that if a kid darts out between cars, you can stop (the 10 seconds you save speeding through isn't worth a life)
- Obey the School Zone speed limits
- Watch the accelerator as you move in pickup lines and especially when exiting our parking lots - we have seen people "lead-foot" it out of our lots and almost hit pedestrians and other cars
- DO NOT park across the street and walk to get your student. There have been very devastating accidents at the Brookhollow intersection - and people coming over the bridge may not see a pedestrian in time to stop
Join Our Team!
Current positions include SpEd, ELA, and Elementary teachers. For job postings and information, go to https://harmonytx.org/careers. To apply for a position, go to https://harmonytx.org/employment-opportunities.
HSE Tardy Policy
Please be reminded that it is the parent’s responsibility to discuss the school’s tardy policy with their child, reinforcing the student’s ability to be responsible for arriving to class on time and most importantly, it is the parent’s responsibility to bring the student to school on time.
Starting Monday, 9/27/2021, parents who bring their children to school after 7:45 a.m. must park their car, enter the building, and sign their child in at the front office.
Families can refer to page 19 of the Student & Parent Handbook for more details. Below are the consequences for multiple tardies:
- 1-3 Verbal warning to parents
- 4-5 Written warning to parents
- 6-9 Conference with parents
- 10+ Parent must meet with principal or designee and submit a letter explaining the reason(s) for the excessive tardiness. Failure to meet this requirement may result in the school filing a case with Child Protective Services.
New Front Office Hours
**2021-2022 HSE Front Office Hours**
M, T, Th, F: 8:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. | 4:00- 4:30 p.m.
W: 8:00 am. - 1:30 p.m. | 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
The office and front lobby will be CLOSED during drop-off (7:00-8:00 a.m.) and during dismissal (W: 1:30-3:00p, all other days: 2:30-4:00p)
Parents will not be allowed to wait in the front lobby while the office is closed.
*Late students arriving after 7:45 a.m. must have a parent/guardian sign their student in at the table on the front patio
Harmony Mask Policy
Harmony Mask Policy
- Masks will be required for all persons inside Harmony Public Schools buildings and transportation services (ex. buses). If an individual does not have a mask, one will be provided.
- For students and staff members who are unable to wear a mask, a mask exception form is available in each student and staff member’s Skyward account.
When it comes to masks, there may be no perfect policy for all families. Masks have become one of the more hotly debated issues of our time. The one thing we can all agree on, though, is that we all look forward to a day when no one needs to wear a mask.
In the late spring and early summer, many of us believed that day was close. Unfortunately, it’s not quite here yet. But by working together, we will get there – hopefully soon.
For now, we’re asking for Harmony to mask up. It’s good science, and it’s what is best for kids. Thank you.
Emin Cavusoglu, M. Ed. | Area Superintendent | Houston North